advertisement

The best tuner

Keep us posted Oz. FWIW, compared to other Godar users at Audio Asylum, I'm one of the few that experienced worse results (including those replacing a Magnum-Dynlab ST-2).

regards,

dave

I got my dream tuner now - the old Sansui... It happened to be TU-517 after all (TU-717 has gone just too expensive again and again...) .

Let's see which one will stay. But that is how it should look IMHO.

Oz

Okay. I collected the Godar antenna from post office today.

I am happy for the buy. Surprisingly I found attached all the rare pieces of connectors and a small transformer from 75 ohms to 300 ohms etc. The cord is attached with (is it F-type) the threaded connector (which I did seek for the Naka of my son!) and an additional adapter F-type to normal coaxial push in (this for the Nak!).

First connected to modded Yamaha CT-V1 300 ohm input with the transformer and two cables to connectors.

Sounded good.

Then took the t-former out and used the adaptor directly to the 75 ohm coaxial input.

Sounded good again.

Yamaha gives only 4-5 stations in stereo. Then another 5-6 in mono. This did not change from my small electronic antenna.

But the sound changed. Quite surprisingly the small bass boost Yamaha had diminished clearly. Still the tune is delicious. Treble got less distorted and more clear. Now things are more in coherence.

So I am quite happy for my first day of listening. More when I will get the Kenwood and Sansui tuners as I think my Yamaha got some filtering or adjustment the way stereo receiving need quite strong station. If signal gets weeker, it mutes. Could be re-adjusted here I think but the other tuners will show the difference.

Look here the Godar and on it, the small triangular electronic antenna I used before:

Oz

godar.jpg

Hey Chris, why is there a hole in the corner of your LP12?

I must warn you that if you have tampered with your Linn in any way without the express permission of Linn Products Ltd you will face severe disciplinary action, possibly resulting in the withdrawal of your turntable until you have completed a course of Korrective therapy.

Rob.

I think they have taken it already but just let me have it as in a warehouse.. ;)

Just had a call for the Korrektive in the factory...

Yep. DIY geddon. Soon trying out a Heed Audio PSU.

Oz

Hi Oz,

Glad you're getting good results with the Godar! Have you had a chance to test the tuner's capabilities with a live broadcast yet?

regards,

dave

Not very much, only in few occasions but not really got into it yet.
I have to dig deep into the published program schedules and find
out some concert to catch. Not used to use radio for yeeeears.

All the talks in studio are very intimate - like you were sitting
in the middle people or face to face with the speakers.

It is VERY, VERY good IMHO now. But still, I know there
are things I can do in DIY.

For instance I have not at all touched to the filters etc. what they suggest in the tuner site: http://www.fmtunerinfo.com/

And the antenna is a drumming hard plastic case which I have to put three posts to make it steady..

Oz

advertisement

Back