advertisement

The best Live Album

If it's not been mentioned.

Kraftwerk Minimum Maximum

The DVD audio is stunning, the graphics are amazing as is the sound on a full blown BIG AV rig.
Saw them in Birmingham on my birthday in 2017 with 3D projection visuals. Brilliant.

Live in Copenhagen - Four Tet. I was lucky enough to be at the Alexandra Palace show last year with the Squid Soup light show.

42,000 individually controlled lights!! Like 2 hours of the best fireworks you’ve ever seen.

Leonard Cohen - Live in London,

and another favourite:

Sting -All This Time, which is all the more remarkable when you read in the sleeve notes that it was recorded in the evening of Sept 11, 2001...

Must have if you’re a fan.

R-16001592-1601666073-1100.jpeg.jpg

Other personal favourites:

Van Morrison: One Night In San Francisco.

Eels: Royal Albert Hall

Jackson Browne & David Lindley: Love Is Strange

David Crosby: It's All Coming Back To Me Now...

Love and Money: Strange Kind of Love (Live In Glasgow)

Nanci Griffith: One Fair Summer Evening

Ry Cooder: ShowTime

The Waifs: A Brief History

Its almost redundant to say this but....
Irish Tour 74 (if you have to ask who it is by, then it probably doesn't matter)
Recorded Live- Ten Years After
Exposed-Mike Oldfield (the version of Incantations is mesmerizing as are the harmony lead guitar in TB)

And about a hundred more...I will leave them up to subsequent contributors to mention.
I can’t think of any artist who had a greater gap between the genius of his live performances and the mediocrity of his studio albums. Rory was a stubborn so-and-so, it’s a shame he didn’t find a good producer to help shape his studio work.

advertisement

Back