advertisement

The Beatles - New Remastered Vinyl Stereo Box Set

John,

I had a store credit so I picked up Revolver on LP, which I preferred slightly to the older pure analogue version of that record in The Beatles Collection.

Maybe I was lucky and got a good pressing. It sounds full and the surface noise is very low.

Joe

I thought you had mentioned that. I don't think I would get the full box if I already had decent copies like you have already. The book would be nice I suppose, but I wouldn't be surprised if one couldn't get one by itself in the future.

John,

I have all the records so I really don't need the remastered LP box set, but that pesky Anex and sideshowbob (shakes fist furiously at screen) keep bigging it up.

Joe

The book is great - have I mentioned the book? - and even if it does become available on its own at some point (unlikely), it will be extremely expensive unless they sacrifice production quality.

< fingers in ears >

Blah, blah, blah. Can't hear you.

< / fingers in ears >

I gave a beat up first pressing mono Pepper a spin at the weekend. Sounded amazing. Errrm hope this helps.

I have one of those, not too beat up though, I thought it sounded better than the Nimbus cut I sold for a friend last year for £620!

Joe, it's like you buy all these really nicely pressed Beatles LPs, then you get a free photo book with it. It's a bargain.

I gave a beat up first pressing mono Pepper a spin at the weekend. Sounded amazing. Errrm hope this helps.

My beat up early mono pressing sounds pants, sadly.

Sgt Peppers is next on my list of 2012 reissues. Only resisting because I'm getting dangerous close to the 'why the hell didn't I just get the damned boxed set' level.

why oh why do we need 5000 releases of some ancient band??

christ. what is this?

there are bands that are just as good, just as potentially life changing...but we'll never know about them because joe publick and his unwillingness to step outside of the routine has given labels a cash cow.

disgusting.

im getting rid of all my beatles records..including the recent reissue ...im taking them to the salvation army tomorrow. (anyone in SPT NC is welcome to the ****ing things) i refuse to buy any more beatles stuff.

this is pathetic

Hey, who farted?

Smells like some sort of thread crap in here.

Joe

there are bands that are just as good, just as potentially life changing...but we'll never know about them .

TR..names please.

Who are these bands as 'life changing' as the Beatles that we are missing?

ps.. if you have vinyl to give away... bundle it up and I will happily pay the shipping cost to the UK for them.

why oh why do we need 5000 releases of some ancient band??

christ. what is this?

there are bands that are just as good, just as potentially life changing...but we'll never know about them because joe publick and his unwillingness to step outside of the routine has given labels a cash cow.

disgusting.

im getting rid of all my beatles records..including the recent reissue ...im taking them to the salvation army tomorrow. (anyone in SPT NC is welcome to the ****ing things) i refuse to buy any more beatles stuff.

this is pathetic
All music is old unless you're playing it yourself here and now, if you wanna be all extreme about it, Teddy:p

Teddy,

Why did you buy recent Beatles reissues only to dump them at the Salvation Army in a fit of disgust? It seems, you know, kinda weird given all the great bands out there.

Joe

Teddy,

Why did you buy recent Beatles reissues only to dump them at the Salvation Army in a fit of disgust? It seems, you know, kinda weird given all the great bands out there.

Joe

it was a gift.

they are now gone, from the thrift store hopefully sold for a dollar a piece.

Teddy,

Good riddance! Who would want albums from the most influential pop band in their collection?

Joe

This is soooooo wrong. Everyone knows Mr. Spock would play John Lennon.

StarTrekBeatles.jpg

tumblr_m79683hkJh1r2kbn6o1_500.jpg

Great to see Scotty with Saurian brandy. That's a nice touch.

Joe, hoping that the juxtaposition of The Beatles with Star Trek scares away Teddy

advertisement

Back