advertisement

"The Battery DAC"...anyone tried it?

Nic Robinson

Amongst all the £25 Chinese dacs I was intrigued by this listing. Anyone know whether they're worth a try?

Cheers,

Nic.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
The write ups at the bottom of the page look very good and genuine, the rest is all 'chinese' to me. As stated it's all about your personal preference. Worth a punt? I would....

Hi Nic,

No - not tried it; but one doesn't really have to. The (by Philip's own admission) very cheap TDA1543 dac is only capable of about 12-13it accuracy at very best, and the NOS approach will not improve that - quite the opposite in fact, regardless of input signal bandwidth claims. If you need a similie: it's not unlike a battered old pub upright piano, with a blanket or two thrown over it in to quell the innate squawk. OTOH if it is cheap enough, by all means have a play. As Lord Kelvin observed, 'in all matters things ultimately come to the ear for judgement as the organ of hearing.'

I could illustrate by way of meaningless graphs, & will save that for next time you are within reach of a nice beer or two. Kind regards.. M

advertisement

Back