advertisement

The Audio Forum

It says it's a subjectivist forum etc etc which means people are invited to talk bollocks about matters they have zero knowledge or understanding of and one must not point this out.... So that will be my first and last visit to that site... FFS there's already a section on hi fi fuseso_O:eek:

I’m surprised you got any further than
Rule 1. please do not attack other members personally. It's fine to disagree without "playing the man"
before realising it wasn’t for you:)

I got halfway down the passive aggressive rules and will not be going back. It is a special room to flounce into.

There are far more forums than people interested in participating in them. Why should Tony support an advertisement to a competitor? Honestly, if you can’t see the issue then it probably can’t be explained to you.
What would Tony be losing? Honestly.......

If nothing else, at least the forum's name isn't as bad as it might have been with audio and forum in there. Here are a few close calls:

New Audio Forum = NAF
Diversity Audio Forum = DAF
Subjectivists Audio Forum = SAF
Listening Audio Forum = LAF
Fine Audio Forum = FAF
Forum Audio de Profesionale = FAP

FWIW I wish him the best of luck with it.

PS Locking it so visitors can’t see is a terrible idea. People join forums because they have seen and liked the existing content, no one will ever register anywhere without that. A healthy online ratio is 1/3rd registered members, 2/3rds guests. Go too far either way from that and something is wrong.

PS Locking it so visitors can’t see is a terrible idea. People join forums because they have seen and liked the existing content, no one will ever register anywhere without that. A healthy online ratio is 1/3rd registered members, 2/3rds guests. Go too far either way from that and something is wrong.
I quite agree Tony.
I looked at pfm as a guest for quite a while until I decided to be permitted to search for topics and ask my own questions and decided to register as a member - it's been a huge benefit over the years!
If Iv'e got to register before I can even be allowed to see what I'm registering for, in these days of internet security issues, then dosvedanya, (did I spell that right BL?)

It wasn't locked when I looked at the website yesterday - something has obviously changed. I wasn't sure about joining yesterday but now I know for sure I won't. A surprising decision by the administrator there.

It wasn't locked when I looked at the website yesterday - something has obviously changed. I wasn't sure about joining yesterday but now I know for sure I won't. A surprising decision by the administrator there.
I wasn't going to join but that's a very odd decision. Maybe it had been over-spammed by objectivists.

I havn't checked it out but maybe it's a work in progress. I agree that having a look around initially, before joining, is a good option to have.
Most other comments here are the usual troll bollocks.
By the sounds of it, it will attract those interested in equipment rather than scientific measurements etc... which seems fair enough to me.

Shane is one of the good guys, I would definitely take his opinion over many here where hifi is concerned.
Clever idea though Shane, fumigate the place before infestation takes hold :D

advertisement

Back