advertisement

The Alan Parsons Project Pyramid

davidsrsb

pfm Member
I cleaned up my 40yo old copy of this and playing for the first time in over 20 years, because I stopped playing vinyl when I emigrated.
I know he's not fashionable now but its still very enjoyable and some great songs and musicians on it

I cleaned up my 40yo old copy of this and playing for the first time in over 20 years, because I stopped playing vinyl when I emigrated.
I know he's not fashionable now but its still very enjoyable and some great songs and musicians on it
Superb album - I play it evey so often along with The Turn Of A Friendly Card.
Both albums bring back good memories.:)

I forgot to say well produced as well, which is not surprising. I wonder what they did for the "Remaster" as the original on vinyl measures well

I love these APP albums, Pyramids, Turn of a Friendly Card, Eve, Gaudi, Try Anything Once.

They all bring back great memories for me. The sound is superb, I've manahged to get Japanese pressings for most of them.

I must refamiliarise myself with some of these, I tend to play I Robot, Ammonia Avenue and Gaudi on occasion but omit the others, if there is a reason I've forgotten what it may be!

I play I Robot now and again. I have to be in the right mood. (record and c.d.)

That was the start and end of it, although I have heard Eye In The Sky, but was a bit bored by it.

I forgot to say well produced as well, which is not surprising. I wonder what they did for the "Remaster" as the original on vinyl measures well
Goes without saying, after all AP did win a Grammy for his engineering skills on Dark Side Of The Moon.

I had ‘ tales of mystery and imagination’ one time. The song about a raven was memorable. Got another album but then lost interest…. Clever stuff but didn’t get me involved basically.

Got most on original LP. Latterly, I acquired the box set. I’ve found a few of his post-TAPP albums a bit “samey”; he has a formula and sticks to it.

Pyramid remains one of my favourites, and is a “go to” album for testing hifi changes.

All the vinyl sound great to me and regularly get an airing on an MP3 stick in the car on a road trip

I robot is fine it's more "turn of a friendly card" and "pyramids" that seem a bit headroom limited. Very 1970's on a bad day. I think I just don't much lie the "Tales of Edgar Allen Poe" album.

Just whacked a side of "pyramid" on. What can I say Mid 70's transistorised Dolby A mush and muddle. Bet it's mastered at 7.5 IPS. not a bad recording by the contemporary standards but eclipsed by a decent 60's valve recording or an 80's recording done correctly.

advertisement

Back