advertisement

The 2023 Formula One Season

Yep, motorsport drivers are struggling to see anything that isn’t directly ahead of them:

Used to be slightly better in F1! Far worse now.

But a good deal safer Tony, just saying.

Well, in basic terms we have primary and secondary safety.
Primary safety is about having a car that helps the driver by having predictable handling, linear steering, great brakes, good visibility etc.
Secondary safety is about surviving a crash.

I’d rather avoid the f***ing crash.

If I make a mistake and die then that's one thing.

If someone else makes a mistake and I die then that is something else.

If I make a mistake and die then that's one thing.

If someone else makes a mistake and I die then that is something else.

Well, take that video in my earlier post. The driver going across the track would’ve waited if he could have seen properly. And it looks like the driver that drove into him didn’t take evasive action because he wasn’t sure where the third car was. So he just t-boned it. Utterly ridiculous.

From Autosport:

Formula 1 supplier Pirelli will introduce a new tougher tyre construction from the British
Grand Prix to help cope with a rapid escalation in car performance.
Amid the backdrop of teams having started to unlock dramatic gains in downforce with the 2023 cars, Pirelli feels it makes sense to intervene and introduce stronger tyres in time for the Silverstone race in July.
The move is not being made because of safety concerns, but more as a bid to guarantee no problems further down the line. The compounds of the new tyres will be identical to what is currently being used.

Pirelli has been mindful for a few weeks about the gains teams have been making with their cars, with sources suggesting that downforce levels being produced are on a par with what was anticipated for the end of the current season.

Early GoPro testing

346642189_178206335178635_2707581357004760335_n.jpg

Murray mentioned all kind of reasons the BT55 failed, but he didn't mention Lewis Hamilton's mayor complaint with the W14 design: sitting closer to the front wheels.

Flooding in the Imola paddock, with teams being evacuated from the area. Heaps of rain, and it could be carrying on. Another couple of days of it, and the event will probably be cancelled.
That would be a real shame.

It would have been much nicer if the rain happened in Monaco next week, at least at Imola you get to see some actual driving

This is outside the RedBull hotel. Given the flooding I can't see how they cannot cancel the event, whatever the weather. The emergency services and others will be innundated (!) sorting out flooding, broken services, displaced people etc. It can't be helpful if tens of thousands of fans descend on the town.

T7plSNs.jpg

advertisement

Back