advertisement

The 2023 Formula One Season

Structurally unlucky strategy decisions by Mercedes and especially Ferrari might help Verstappen if RedBull is lucky :)

I think he wants the 8th title really badly. The end in 2021 hurt him and if he was going to leave that would have been the time. Not sure any other team is attractive to him, maybe RB but they would never put him against VER as they are a one driver team and why would they upset a winning combination. I mean, I would love to see them toe to toe in the same car.

Hamilton's contract expires at the end of the 2023 F1 season having signed a two-year deal during the 2021 season so that kept him there, well know more as the end of this season nears. Hamilton works for Merc, not the other way around as the media seems to present it. Merc may want to cut ties at the end of this season and not renew for younger, hungrier blood without all the baggage, but the fans sites will likely make it seem like this was Lewis's choice and how Merc couldn't supply him with a winning car and they wouldn't listen to him so he left. ...And all this as Russell continues to outperform him, that can not be going over well in Lewis's head, pure entertainment for me when newbie Russell quietly outperforms & simply gets on with it compared to Lewis's exhausting and seemingly unrelenting drama show..

Reactions: Cav
Astons Jack man is gonna be feeling a bit shit tonight or is it the responsibility of the crew chief for not keeping them informed?

Hamilton's contract expires at the end of the 2023 F1 season having signed a two-year deal during the 2021 season so that kept him there, well know more as the end of this season nears. Hamilton works for Merc, not the other way around as the media seems to present it. Merc may want to cut ties at the end of this season and not renew for younger, hungrier blood without all the baggage, but the fans sites will likely make it seem like this was Lewis's choice and how Merc couldn't supply him with a winning car and they wouldn't listen to him so he left. ...And all this as Russell continues to outperform him, that can not be going over well in Lewis's head, pure entertainment for me when newbie Russell quietly outperforms & simply gets on with it compared to Lewis's exhausting and seemingly unrelenting drama show..

I think if HAM had enough at the end of 21, he could have gone easily. No-one wants a driver that does not want to be there. None of us know what the contracts are anyway so just speculation but I am sure there are clauses; It’s all money ultimately.

I am a HAM fan not a fanboi. He is slower than he was and does seem to need a competitive car to motivate himself to pushing at his best. I am also a big fan of RUS and am very happy to see him getting the job done. It was clear he was a great talent even at Williams and he was cruelly robbed not winning in his stand in drive for BOT.

I don’t see the drama show as down to HAM either, it is the relentless style of reporting on anything he says or does getting stupid levels of reporting and spinning to put him in the most invidious position. RUS has been complaining just as much as HAM this year but gets a fraction of the attention. However if that lets him get on and keep the pressure on the other teams, then crack on.

Well done PER btw he drove well today and was able to have enough speed to keep VER at bay. VER was one of several beneficiaries to the dubious safety car, like he needed the help. That is one fast MF of a car on the straights with the DRS.

Nice to see Perez win , he took the chance he had and drove well keeping the spoiled brat at bay !
FIA seem pretty useless at the moment but at least Alonso got his podium back which he did deserve .
Looks like the drivers cannot see the starting box lines now the cars are so massive ,they could be driving coaches next

Perez had funny starting position too, he didn't drive up to the yellow marker line for front wheels, as if he didn't want to be too much in front :)

Perez had funny starting position too, he didn't drive up to the yellow marker line for front wheels, as if he didn't want to be too much in front :)

Maybe Perez is too fast for his own good. Verstappen's superiority complex and utter belief in his own hype may induce repercussions for his 'lesser' team mate further into the season.

John

Verstappen with a competitive team mate would make for fantastic entertainment.

*static* let Checo through Max. we need to think about the championship *crackle*
*static* Max? *static* Max! *crackle*

advertisement

Back