advertisement

The 2022 Formula One Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely nothing wrong with that, one of the coolest performers I have ever seen live.
Although to be fair I probably spent more time looking at his Coconuts

He turned up hours late for the performance that my wife and her sister in their youth, went to see. 'twas in Spain and apparently a complete shambles.

It's interesting looking at the McMurtry car go up the hill at Goodwood how much innovation has been stifled in the later years of F1 (the Brabham fan car a good example), there seemed a period where new ideas were being developed and tried all the time, i know its partly done for safety and to level the playing field that the FIA rule book has to be adhered to, but i wonder where the cars would be now if the regulations were less.

There would still have to be regulations, so the cars would go as far as the regulations allowed.

But my thought is always that the faster the cars are lapping, the more unlikely it is that you’ll see an overtake. Eg: a 3,000 horsepower 500kg car with 4,000kg of variable downforce when needed isn’t going to be on the straights for very long, and that’ll be where the overtakes could be. So, the following car has to achieve a much higher overspeed to get by… unlikely.

It's interesting looking at the McMurtry car go up the hill at Goodwood how much innovation has been stifled in the later years of F1 (the Brabham fan car a good example), there seemed a period where new ideas were being developed and tried all the time, i know its partly done for safety and to level the playing field that the FIA rule book has to be adhered to, but i wonder where the cars would be now if the regulations were less.

Watched it go up twice, once from the start line, once at molecomb.
I agree, hugely interesting, and hugely fast.
I love the tech involved.
I had and still have an overriding concern with cars at that speed with 150K spectators.
I sincerely hope nothing fails.
It would be a disaster for everyone if it were to 'go airborne'

Qualifying at Spa is looking wet/changeable, race probably dry and warm.

And it could well be the last race at Spa.

:mad:

And it could well be the last race at Spa.

I have driven the Spa circuit in a ….Sherpa minibus.

We were making our way from the UK to a Belgian air base on a Sunday afternoon in summer when we were detoured off the main road and onto an alternative route. I couldn’t believe my eyes as I saw the stands and drove over the grid boxes before going down/up Au Rouge. The telly pictures do not get close to capturing the elevation changes of the track.

Last edited:
Both directions of the Mulsanne Straight, before and after the chicanes were added, in a Rover 800 and the wrong way around Monaco, also in a Rover 800.

Okay Guys, as this has turned into a pissing contest:

I have +50 laps around the Nordschleife, with something like a BTG 9:30 at my best (I'm a decently sane person) Best laps was with a friend, who is a certified Ringmeister, in his wife's Polo. Full throttle or full brakes, nothing else. Nobody passed us...

I have walked the length of the Mulsanne Straight a couple of days before the race so I suspect I had an even slower top speed. My wife and I also walked right around the Monaco circuit only to find on race day that we had gone the wrong way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back