advertisement

The 2022 Formula One Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. I just think that the best way to minimize the effects of a racist remark is to simply ignore it, and ignore the guy who said it. Before social media this was well possible, these days are gone. Someone on Breakfast TV even had the brilliant idea to involve Ecclestone in order to give the affair some momentum, sorry for them that this has backfired. But I know it’s summertime, low tide in the editor’s room.

An archaic view point, imo. Silence didn't work too well in 50's did it? Imagine the difference it may have made to so many lives if people spoke up and united then instead of ignoring?

Why Would would we want to minimise the effect? We want to USE this prehistoric rhetoric FOR effect, for change, exactly what Lewis is doing using his F1 platform and in part the press is doing exposing people such as Piquet even if it is just for a headline.

Nothing backfired from GMT imo either other than giving him a wider platform from his muttering, ibut it did further expose a bigot who admits he is besties with a war criminal to a different part of society that may not normally engage with F1. This isn't BE first racism row in F1 either and I imagine nor will it be his last.

Interesting qualifying , we should get a good race out of this as long as Max does not make a mega start .However some drivers are definately underperforming and may not make next season

Interesting qualifying , we should get a good race out of this as long as Max does not make a mega start .However some drivers are definately underperforming and may not make next season

I have a feeling Max will overtake Carlos quite quickly, Carlos is a very rhythmic driver which is great for a track like Silverstone, but only when you have the space to do so, and I imagine VER will be up his ass very quickly. Still, with it looking to be dry tomorrow, the things learned from today for the cars won't be much use so we could see some action.

Fingers crossed for Zhou. That looked a little scary, inverted at high speed, then trapped in the barriers.

Holy cow...that looked truly awful - worst crash I've seen in a long time. Thank heaven he's OK.

Jeepers.
That’s a bad crash. At higher speed that could’ve been Zhou into the crowd.

There’ll be some reappraisals of safety standards.

And LOSE SOME BLOODY WEIGHT FROM THESE CARS!

Another Halo moment right there. Without that, I am not sure he would have made it.

Cant believe that happened at those lowish speeds. Mental.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back