advertisement

The 2021 F1 Season.

If they go ahead with it I suspect we'll get used to it in time. It might turn out to be a positive thing but, having no frame of reference, I've no idea whether it will.

A big part of the challenge of F1 is the endurance aspect. If I want a 'wham bam' fast action race I'll watch rally cross.

You'll also lose most of the strategy play with sprint races.

No thank you.

I’m one of those weirdos who would love a return to the long weekends, qualifying over two one hour sessions, hand grenade engines, and drivers a few years past their teens.

How about a one-off old format weekend at Brands this year? I’d pay handsomely to watch that.

A short sprint race will probably be a bit pointless as mentioned above drivers will have to be careful as big repairs will mean them missing the main race so lots of wheel to wheel racing unlikely and probably a procession likely

A short sprint race will probably be a bit pointless as mentioned above drivers will have to be careful as big repairs will mean them missing the main race so lots of wheel to wheel racing unlikely and probably a procession likely

Or you might get the mid & lower teams thinking, ‘there’s cheap points up for grabs here as the big boys won’t fancy it as they’ll be saving their cars for the big points on Sunday’.

I’m one of those weirdos who would love a return to the long weekends, qualifying over two one hour sessions, hand grenade engines, and drivers a few years past their teens.

How about a one-off old format weekend at Brands this year? I’d pay handsomely to watch that.

Back to manual gearboxes? A couple of missed shifts and you are out. The old boys managed to handle it during the 1980's turbo era.

Back to manual gearboxes? A couple of missed shifts and you are out. The old boys managed to handle it during the 1980's turbo era.

The new boys have plenty to deal with.

MP4-4_1.jpg

The-new-Mercedes-F1-steering-wheel.jpg

Yep. Why not a manual 5 speed box? I bet they can make an engine tractable enough to cope. Ok, 6 speed if the maths don’t work out. Remember Schumacher in the Benetton, stuck in 5th gear?

am I missing something here ?, its an extra race yes ?

just done a swift scan of that bbc article, didn't see any thing about additional points or is it just the fact that a flat bogey one race is lost due to mechanical sympathy to cover the additional racing ?

advertisement

Back