advertisement

The 2021 F1 Season.

I know it's easy to say this and that when you're an armchair fan and not directly involved, but I approve this message. I really like Albon's driving when he's at one with his car, but sadly, those moments are all too fleeting. Assuming the RB car remains capable, I predict Perez will score at least ten top-5 finishes.
Hello THE 2021 F1 Season thread.

Albon really does seem a decent lad and his family made great sacrifices (like many others) to help get to F1. I was really rooting for him but it’s pretty clear that he’s not quite up to the job at the moment. Hopefully he can do a Gasly & rediscover his form and confidence somewhere else.

His long interview with Tom Clarkson was pretty revealing for me as he came across as someone who’s a bit in awe of F1. You’re only going to do well in any environment if you feel that you belong there.

i know I keep banging on about these interviews but they are very revealing and well worth a listen.

I think it is going to be very interesting at RB Perez is very quick and better at looking after the tyres than Verstappen.

If the rumours are correct and he will be at Williams in 2022 then he's got nothing to lose.

I don't think RB aren't really bothered about whose in second seat, they just want someone to play shotgun. Perez is capable of out qualifying Verstappen and from his last races with RP has enough nouce to come through the field or to protect a lead. I don't see him rolling over if is told to let the chosen one through late in a race.

Really chuffed for him, think he's earned that drive.

No doubt he deserves a ride in a decent car. I would be delighted to be proved wrong but I remain unconvinced as I have said before. If RB build a easier car then he will do fine but if it remains a tricky beast then I expect more of the same that we saw from GAS and ALB. If he outqualifies VER in a fair fight (no mechanicals or disqual for PU changes) then I will eat my sprouts.

Perez does deserve the chance and will find it hard with Max in the team , I expect there is a clause in his contract where he has to give way to Max if told to . He is a consistant finisher and Red Bull need this in the second driver a role I am sure he will fit the bill on this

Good move. I'm sure the whole of Mexico will be celebrating they' still have a contender in there.

Still can't believe Vettel took his seat TBH. Billionaires and their playthings. Gotta spend it somehow. Making a point. About Racing.

Roll on next March.

Vettel is well past his best and Perez would have scored more points next year I am certain . Of course we all know Stroll should have been the fall guy to let Vettel in but Daddys boy had to stay

I think Ocon was faster than Perez and Riciardo is faster than Ocon, so I guess Perez won't be very close to Verstappen in qualifying. But he had a sensational win when RB was considering him, Albon seems to be stuck in races too many times, Perez's win give RB hope he won't be stuck behind slower cars that much.

If the rumours are correct and he will be at Williams in 2022 then he's got nothing to lose.

So if those rumours are correct who will be leaving Williams?

Is George Russell the one to lose his seat to Sergio Perez and would that be to go to Mercedes and will that mean Valtteri Bottas will lose his seat or would Lewis Hamilton notch up his 8th drivers title and 100th win and retire?

So will Valtteri Bottas be number one if Lewis Hamilton goes, if not where will he go?

Of course there was the rumour during the year that George Russell was maybe going to lose his seat towards the end of the 2020 season.

2021 season not started yet and now lots of rumours for 2022, don't you just love F1.

Rumours in the community that Mazepin will be looking for a new job. Silly boy.

Yup, been reading and hearing the same.

Trouble is, daddy is so very rich and Haas are so very poor, I suspect a better PR agency will be appointed and lots of good work for charidee will appear and all will be forgotten. Hope not, he seems an unpleasant individual, hitting Callum Ilott in the face at an F3 race a few years back as well.

Sounds like he does not have the correct temperement to be a F1 driver , not always a good idea to go for the man dangling the cash !

Last edited:

advertisement

Back