advertisement

The 2020 F1 Season

Stolen off the interwebs:

“But for the long straights of Le Mans, the pitch angles of the Mercedes cars were nearer neutral to allow the cars to take full advantage of their naturally-aspirated 5.7-litre V8s. This was implemented by softening the rear suspension, making the relatively stiff front axle susceptible to hopping and jumping.”

So, it was their own fault. Mercedes were going through a challenging period: flying cars at Le Mans, drop in build quality, new A Class failing the elk test, and that attention seeking woman dying in a Merc in a tunnel crash.

They did well to stay in business.

I look at older races on youtube. Recently it was Britain from 2003. Highly recomended, they didn't need to open mail slots to overtake.

Given Klaus Bischoff's advice that the throttle is pretty much all or nothing, can you even begin to imagine what it must have been like in the rain?

Given Klaus Bischoff's advice that the throttle is pretty much all or nothing, can you even begin to imagine what it must have been like in the rain?

And the earlier cars flexed so much that the gear lever would change its location by the second. They filled the roll cage with pressurised nitrogen, and if the gauge started to drop, they knew there was a crack somewhere.

Just seen it on the BBC website, what a f****** clown.

Think he is known of some strange views but this one should be seen as his exit from Red Bull for good.

Ah now you've brought back memories Tony!

Stopped at Laguna Seca for the CART race. Ooh. Must be at least 20 years ago now. Before digital cameras anyway so will be looking for prints all day :)

Now I'll have to look up the whole route but I do remember both that first corner was stunning and Santa Barbara was a beautiful place back then.

Funny how I can't remember last week at all...

Last edited:
And the earlier cars flexed so much that the gear lever would change its location by the second. They filled the roll cage with pressurised nitrogen, and if the gauge started to drop, they knew there was a crack somewhere.

Supposedly when testing at the 'ring Frank Gardner was told: "If ze guage drops you bring her back to ze pit ver' gently." To which he (allegedly) responded: "If ze guage drops I park the b@stard and you can come and get her......"

Rev counter, oil pressure, oil temperature, water temperature, fuel gauge, where’s me gear lever, and how’s that badly vibrating N2 gauge doing?

Oops. Braking point.

The 908/03, descended from the Bergspyder hillclimb models and designed principally for the wiggly-waggly Targa Florio, had a largely titanium spaceframe, which was again filled with gas under pressure. There was a very prominent pressure gauge and the drivers were told to stop immediately if the pressure dropped.

The 908/03, descended from the Bergspyder hillclimb models and designed principally for the wiggly-waggly Targa Florio, had a largely titanium spaceframe, which was again filled with gas under pressure. There was a very prominent pressure gauge and the drivers were told to stop immediately if the pressure dropped.

I suspect most today would be reticent to race in one tones?

advertisement

Back