1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

The 2018 F1 Thread

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Tony Lockhart, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

It’s a tricky one, the Halo probably saved him during the accident but looked to have stopped him getting out if the car had caught fire afterwards. Wasn’t nice to hear him over the radio saying he unable to get himself out.

2. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

Charlie’s brother, Nick Whiting, may have been a slightly dodgy character. Brinks MAT robbery connections, stabbed and shot dead, body left on Rainham marshes.

3. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

Well there’s no way Mercedes would’ve beat Ferrari with a Lewis/Nico paring taking points off each other.

Good to see Lewis keeping his focus after clinching his title. He’d dropped his level a few seasons ago & didn’t come back firing on all cylinders (pun). He knows he has to stay right at the top of his game now with Ferrari & possibly Max biting at his heels.

Today’s podium looks like being next season’s title challengers!

4. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

B
    Bloody hell - seriously?!

5. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

Yep. I’ll find links.

6. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

7. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    Tony Lockhart likes this.
  8. davidjt

davidjt pfm Member

Hulk clarified afterwards that it wasn't the halo but being up against the barrier that prevented his exit. The exhaust did ignite the bodywork, which accounted for his being keen to depart. I imagine full tanks on lap one would definitely grab your attention....

9. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

It's amazing how quickly you stopped even noticing the HALO device after a few races. Wasn't sure at the time whether it stopped him getting out that's why I said 'looked like'.

10. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

11. Rodrat

Rodrat pfm Member

I have watched Formula E a couple of times and it is as interesting as Scalectrix to watch. The cars bounce all over the place and you don’t get much of a sense of speed.

12. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

That’s because there is no speed.
    Or excitement.
    Or sound.

13. IanW

IanW pfm Member

You are probably correct w.r.t. a Nico vs Hamilton partnership. But what they would have done is reduced the number of Ferarri wins and there would have been more 1-2s which would have taken points off Ferrari.

Next year should be closer at the front, but it could be that the midfield falls away a bit again as the rules have been changed, which generally benefits the resource rich teams.

14. Aethelist

Aethelist pfm Member

Seems like anyone who handled that gold ended up getting bumped off?

Or marrying one of Ecclestones daughters and becoming an out of nowhere billionaire gold trader all of a sudden?

Cunning Stunt that. Got to hand to it 'em.

Tony Lockhart likes this.
  15. matthewr

matthewr spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ɹnoʎ sʎɐld

From The Guardian F1 Season Awards:

IanW and Tony Lockhart like this.
  16. John S

John S pfm Member

I thought Sauber had done better than that but on checking it appears only half the team managed to perform.