1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

The 2018 F1 Thread

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Tony Lockhart, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Ryonan

Ryonan pfm Member

cockpit of spaceship:(

2. cutting42

cutting42 Heading to Fish Hacker Erg \o/

3. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Cool, that’s fine for me. I don’t really mind if it is live or not as long as I avoid the news/this thread before the replay, I just don’t want to help finance Murdoch. I guess this is the last year though. I’ll just give it up when it goes from terrestrial TV.

4. seyles

seyles Retired Child

Is it going from terrestrial completely, or moving to highlights only like match of the day?
    I can live without the live races, catching up will be fine.

5. cutting42

Per the link, 10 races are full live coverage and the rest of them are highlights recorded and shown later.

6. seyles

seyles Retired Child

I meant in 2019

"This is the final year of Channel 4's three-year F1 broadcast deal, with the championship to be shown exclusively on Sky from next season."

I was wondering if anyone knew what, if any, plans there were for terrestrial coverage in the UK in the future?

7. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Imagineer

See BBC

8. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

In the UK, that question has already been answered. Under a deal struck by F1's former boss Bernie Ecclestone before he was ousted by Liberty, Sky will take on exclusive rights to F1 from 2019.

There is a stipulation in the deal that the British Grand Prix is shown live on free-to-air, as well as highlights of all other races and qualifying sessions. But so far any stipulations that contract contains as to which channel it will be on, and whether it has significant reach, have not been made public. F1 has so far not responded to BBC Sport's questions on the matter.

Looks like highlights shows are still up for grabs if C4 or the BBC want them. As I say I’m really not bothered whether it is live or not, in many ways I actually prefer the highlights shows as they are edited and more concise. The live shows with all the build up and post analysis are very lengthy and eat up much of a weekend.

9. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

Entry fees for 2018

[​IMG]

10. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

11. cutting42

He needs to ease up on the chest presses

Rack Kit and Tony Lockhart like this.
  12. martin dawson

martin dawson pfm Member

Love that one Tony,

Regards,

Martin

13. Copperjacket

Copperjacket pfm Member

Can't be Lewis - he is a vegetarian!

14. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

I thought the shark fin had gone?

Seems it’s just been reduced.

Shame. I think they look better without.

15. s33k3r100m

s33k3r100m pfm Member

3 engines for the season. The rule will make the drivers to drive slower to preserve their engines.

16. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

I can't get over how hideous the '18 cars are. The teams are doing their best to paint over it, but that halo is horrible.

So. Hideous cars. Horrible sounding engines. No grid girls. 17 meh tracks. Restricted access to live races on telly. 'Highlights' are still poorly put together.

Please tell me that Eddie Jordan has left? Please!

17. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Imagineer

Nevermind Tony, here's a photo to cheer you up.

[​IMG]27846-32-1

Rene Arnoux at Brands Hatch testing in 1984 (I think it's the exit of Druids)

Tony Lockhart likes this.
  18. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

Apart from all that what’s not to like? ;)

19. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

20. Bananahead

Bananahead pfm Member