advertisement

The 2015 F1 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rosberg needs to step up to the plate and grow a 'tache to rival his Father's.

I think that could unsettle Hamilton for 2016.

Rosberg needs to step up to the plate and grow a 'tache to rival his Father's.

I think that could unsettle Hamilton for 2016.

It's probably the only chance he's got as whenever it matters Hamilton runs rings around him.

Once Hamilton has either adapted to how the car is/will be different to before Singapore, or once they've changed it to how it was, he'll be fine. Surely Mercedes are not going to hang their champion out to dry?

Once Hamilton has either adapted to how the car is/will be different to before Singapore, or once they've changed it to how it was, he'll be fine. Surely Mercedes are not going to hang their champion out to dry?

Ironically, I think they'd be delighted to see Nico take the WDC in 2016. Either driver can do it currently, but if Ferrari are closer in 2016 then they might be making a mistake not backing a number 1 driver.

In a perfect world, Lewis to do it in 2016, then move to Ferrari for 2017, come second in the WDC, then take '18 and '19 for Ferrari. Then retire. :D

Somehow, I think it'll be a lot more random than that though.

Hasn't Hamilton already proclaimed that he will finish his F1 career at Mercedes?

It was a bit strange on Sunday was strange as Hamilton was much faster at the end of the 2nd tyre stint than Rosberg, he should have pitted at most 2-3 laps after Rosberg, and then harried Rosberg for the rest of race, either that or Hamilton should have put on the softer tyres on when he did eventually come in. I suspect Merc were happy for a 1-2 and the other two scenarios would have meant the cars went wheel to wheel on the circuit with a strong chance of a retirement for one or both of the cars.

His drop in performance has nothing to do with the car.

Different drivers react differently to; having a car fast enough to win a World Championship, closing in on a World Championship, winning a World Championship, post World Championship, post a second or third World Championship etc.

25 years experience of developing the vehicle performance of F1 cars and as part of this process assessing driver performance variations. Both in racing and testing.

For the sake of clarity, I will modify my statement to, based on my experience, it is extremely unlikely to be anything to do with the car.

I get the impression that Hamilton needs to feel pressure to really perform at his very best. I think that Button was inferring something similar when asked about Alonso and consistency.

I rather suspect he will be fully recharged by a Winter away and with the prospect of having to beat a very good team mate all over again in 2016. And I suspect he will stay at a high level until he has achieved his objective.

Or maybe Mercedes have had a quiet word with Lewis, along the lines that it would be great if the GERMAN driver won a few races, now the championship is done and dusted.

It's all won and lost on the saturday. Nico is doing well in qualifying, fair play to him, and not exactly sure why Lewis is struggling there at the moment. Maybe he can't be bothered after taking the WC.

Post race picture from his own twitter account
CVDjAmEWEAA6JLl.png:large

I think you could be correct. ;)

Or maybe Mercedes have had a quiet word with Lewis, along the lines that it would be great if the GERMAN driver won a few races, now the championship is done and dusted.

I must confess to have thought this but kind of rejected it as unlikely.....:cool:

The Telegraph is pandering to it's unintelligent readership. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back