Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Thatcher gone

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Ernie CA, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mescalito

Mescalito pfm Member

I actually give a LOT out, Greg. In taxation and in charitable donations.

Chris

2. Greg

Greg 2t5b

hmm, if I recall correctly you do anything and everything you can to avoid paying tax.

Well done for the maths lessons you provide though :)

3. walriley

walriley Drum nut. Music nut. pix nut

Brilliantly concise and insightful, and worthy of reposting. Totally agree with it.

4. Ernie CA

Ernie CA pfm Member

Who will be rubbing shouders with Clarkson on Wednesday ?

Any Fishers invited ?

5. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

you clearly understand very little about economics. there is actually a great deal of control because, unlike what the propaganda tries to push, there are no proper free markets and things are very much regulated (in spite of deregulation). if not, we would have even more complexity chaos according to the most sophisticated understanding of things (as deregulation kinda showed in 2008). in essence, you could not be more wrong in your assessment.

if, on the other hand, you have built computer/mathematical models that demonstrate your theory better than what some of my colleagues in the field have done, by all means please get in touch and you will soon become a very famous, wealthy and respected academic.

vuk.

6. oldie

oldie pfm Member

Mr Parry
    As usual your postings contain very little of constructive debate but, as always rely on crass and derisive insults.
    The very people who you continue to, and frequently insult are the very people that made this country the 4th richest in the world, and the people that you seem to admire have now condemned us to a almost third world level.Your priorities and loyalties seem to be a bit mixed up.
    You should remember that the very people you deride are the very ones that paid for you to be kept in a job at the Post Office that by any means could hardly be called hard working, and if people had not fought for better pay and working conditions before you arrived on the scene, your job as a jig and fixture maker would not have been as well paid.
    I am, as is suggested old, but I really do not think I am either sad, failed or dross, having enjoyed all of my working life and in doing so gained the respect of many, something I doubt you have achieved.
    oldie

7. Rasher

Rasher Quadrophenia land

What is glaringly obvious from all this is that the Thatcher debate on here, in fours days, has unleashed 46 pages so far of pure negativity.
    That speaks volumes and is a fitting epitaph.

I hope after she is buried she will be forgotten, along with all the bile that the mention of her name conjures up. There are still Neo-Nazis that believe in what Hitler did, and there will be those that believe in what Thatcher did, but fortunately they are few and can be given the same contempt that their mentors gave humanity, whenever they raise their heads.

Hopefully soon this funeral will be over and forgotten and we will see brighter days without her memory.

8. Mescalito

Mescalito pfm Member

Dead right I avoid paying tax I do not legally have to. Nothing wrong with that.

I still end up paying a lot, though.

Chris

9. Mescalito

Mescalito pfm Member

Why the hell would I want to be a respected academic? On the whole, academics are only respected by other academics, a singulalrly unimportant and largely unproductive group.

Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach.

Chris

10. Anex

Anex Señor Member

Oh dear. Now we just need a sideline discussion on driving and the thread will be well and truly done.

11. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

The King Of Vulgar returns to pfm. Oh how we've missed him.

12. Greg

Greg 2t5b

yes yes another way of shouting how much you earn. I think that was Anex's point :)

13. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

tiger.

perhaps it's just that we're not refined enough to be won over by chris's subtle brand of charisma. because clearly he has to be right, given what all that tax paying implies about him.

vuk.

14. Rasher

Rasher Quadrophenia land

And this thread once again highlights that what matters isn't the wealth you can't take with you, but the respect and goodwill that comes out after you're gone - or in this case, the opposite. I doubt he understands the value of that concept though. As they say, knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
    I'd just let it go if I were you.

15. Cheese

Cheese Bitter lover

Not sure. If Mescalito really made big £££ then he would rather shut up about how little he pays.

16. Mescalito

Mescalito pfm Member

Oh, how very English of you, Greg

I believe it was you who earlier in the thread made the point about contributing, implying that I did not.

And yet when I point out that I do contribute, and contribute well, I am accused of vulgarity.

Well I'd rather be vulgar than a carping, whingeing hypocrite.

Chris

17. Mullardman

Mullardman Moderately extreme...

Right on there Chris, I mean, WTF did Watson and Crick, Rutherford, Fleming, Faraday, etc., etc. ever do for us. Eh?

And those who don't understand the true meaning of an axiom, use it inappropriately. :p

Mull

18. Greg

Greg 2t5b

In both instances you wanted to tell us how much you earn.

For the record, Chris, paying tax is not quite the same as paying a charitable donation. You had a tax bill to pay and you paid it. Do you need patting on the back for it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.