Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Thatcher gone

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Ernie CA, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

You'll not find such cutting edge analysis anywhere else on the internets. Stay tuned throughout the day for more.

2. Elephantears

Elephantears Trunkated Aesthete

Great little essay Robert, which deserves wider circulation.

3. mattski

mattski pfm Member

Thanks for the pointless post. I think you'll also find it is the internet, unless you know something I don't (which I doubt)...

4. RickyC6

RickyC6 Infuriate the frog-men

Told you TigerJones

5. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

It’s most definitely the internets. Google it.

6. Greg

Greg 2t5b

it's actually teh interwebz but no biggie.

7. mattski

mattski pfm Member

if ya like... how many of you guys say "The Email", believe that the Earth is flat and think Wikipedia is 100% accurate? Besides, this is about Thatcher, back on topic please...

8. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

Is that what hippies call it?

9. Greg

Greg 2t5b

it's just what we technical people call it.

10. Greg

Greg 2t5b

"teh emails"

11. matthewr

matthewr spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ɹnoʎ sʎɐld

It's well known that the teh Interwebz have been broken since Maggie blue screened. The normal complex Venn Diagram of subjects being discussed has been replaced with one big circle, a situation known as Thatcheration Point.

12. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

I'm totally Thatchered.

13. Mescalito

Mescalito pfm Member

My brother-in-law fought in the Falklands. He thinks the sun shone out of Thatcher's arse.

Chris

14. Alex S

Alex S carbon based lifeform

He didn't get injured, then?

15. Mescalito

Mescalito pfm Member

Probably Saudi Arabia. I earned a lot of money there & they buy a great deal of British goods.

But I don't really give too much of a damn about any of the regimes. It is their problem, not ours. Whenever we try to interfere with how other nations run themselves, it is a disaster. It's up to them to sort out their own problems.

Chris

16. Mescalito

Mescalito pfm Member

And, of course, it never occured to you to simply get another job if you were not happy at Courtaulds?

Pathetic.

Chris

17. Mescalito

Mescalito pfm Member

No.

Chris

18. Greg

Greg 2t5b

^^ that's the foundation of workers' hard fought employment right there. If only they had all thought of that instead of fighting for their rights. Genius.

19. Mescalito

Mescalito pfm Member

You fight for your own rights, Greg. Don't rely on anyone else to fight for them for you. If you do, you'll end up dissatisfied.

Look after you & yours first. Once they are sorted, you can worry about the rest.

Chris

20. Greg

Greg 2t5b

Not sure, I think the great gains in employment rights were won by people standing together. It's very easy to take all of that for granted, of course, because others did the hard bit before you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.