advertisement

That rug really tied the room together

Joe P

Memory Alpha incarnate | mod; Shatner number = 2
And it has for 20 years.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/20...ki-review-the-dude-jeff-bridges-coen-brothers

WW3YU74Oi5nLa.gif

Joe

Lovely retrospective. I have one beef with the film. The dialogue is very hard to hear now, though the article has made me want to see it again soon.

Dec,

Can you turn on subtitles?

That said, most of the dialogue is " [swearing ]; not on the rug, man; [swearing ]; careful, man, there's a beverage here; [swearing] yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man; [swearing] it, dude, let's go bowling" so you can usually suss it out in context, using the scene as a cue.

Joe

I definitely need to watch this again (I’ve only seen it once, ages ago), though I shall wait until I have an appropriate rug.

You flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, shove it up your ass and pull the trigger till it goes click...

Jesus is ace.

Ian,

You haven't seen it yet? Run like the wind and buy it today.

giphy-downsized.gif

Joe

I definitely need to watch this again (I’ve only seen it once, ages ago), though I shall wait until I have an appropriate rug.

I’m looking at some suitables tomorrow - I’ll shoot you some pics. (If you want instant gratification PM me your mobile number and I’ll send them as I see them.) Dude.

Dec,

Can you turn on subtitles?

That said, most of the dialogue is " [swearing ]; not on the rug, man; [swearing ]; careful, man, there's a beverage here; [swearing] yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man; [swearing] it, dude, let's go bowling" so you can usually suss it out in context, using the scene as a cue.

Joe
m6Bt9-qxlADjxSgbSZcIa6SyxkYjIS31M2foMIuOhAtc0miti0VRNtsae56HkNmVdfHrh-W_QBMV2_5urw=w407-h220-rw

advertisement

Back