advertisement

Tesla truck!

I'd like a truck to do that. Plentiful seating, plentiful luggage space, and an ability to convert to a camper. If it also cost 2p a mile in fuel I'd pay something close to $30k to own it.
If you do 10k miles a year in a 40mpg car it costs ~15p a mile fuel. £1500 pa.
At 2p a mile it's £200. A taxi driver I spoke to runs an electric taxi on £3 a night, in the past his diesel bill was £30-35, so this is realistic.
That saves £1300 pa to go towards your depreciation and repairs bill.
If an equivalent petrol car costs £20k and an electric one £25k (about $30k) then assuming identical depreciation and servicing bills that's a 4 year payback. Any accountant will tell you that's a good deal. Keep it 5 years and you are £1300 up on the deal. £2.5k after 6 years.

I don’t think the Tesla Cybertruck (to give it its proper name) is going to be that cheap or cheap to run, but it’s the first of its kind, so maybe soon what you want will become available.

By the way, I’ve located the target demographic for Cybertruck ownership:

arnold-schwarzenegge-1-1.jpg

(He’s also the owner of the world’s first all electric Humvee. And ponied up a Tesla to drive Greta Thunberg around when she was in NYC recently. Wonder what the latter thinks about the former?)

“I’ll be back to the future!”

I may be in the minority here, but I quite like the Cybertruck. It reminds me of lots of science fiction films made in the 70s and 80s. A nostalgic vision of the future.

I’m not saying I would buy one. I don’t think it would be easy to park at Sainsbury’s.

I may be in the minority here, but I quite like the Cybertruck. It reminds me of lots of science fiction films made in the 70s and 80s.
It's very Soylent Green.
I’m not saying I would buy one. I don’t think it would be easy to park at Sainsbury’s.
That would depend on how much of a sh*t you gave for no claims bonus.

“I’ll be back to the future!”

I may be in the minority here, but I quite like the Cybertruck. It reminds me of lots of science fiction films made in the 70s and 80s. A nostalgic vision of the future.

I disagree. Going by the power/torque figures, you could park it on top of anything.

...parked across three Sainsbury’s disabled parking spots while the driver pops in for some juul vape cartridges.

Don't get me started. In Asda's, they block the disabled spots to use the cash machine. We've started putting out the blue card, parking behind them, and leaving them blocked in.

They do make a lot of noise :)

Don't get me started. In Asda's, they block the disabled spots to use the cash machine. We've started putting out the blue card, parking behind them, and leaving them blocked in.

They do make a lot of noise :)
Quite right too. I've taken to asking them politely if they are disabled and then less politely whether they should be parking there. I look forward to the day the first one tells me to f off.

Quite right too. I've taken to asking them politely if they are disabled and then less politely whether they should be parking there. I look forward to the day the first one tells me to f off.

I have a special look for such occasions. Go and stand in front of a mirror, and pretend someone has told you that their £9.95 genexxa "stereo" sounds better than your setup. You're now about a quarter of the way to "the look."

advertisement

Back