advertisement

Temple Audio

Homehelp

pfm Member
I Bought A temple audio Bantam Amp £189
I can honestly say So far its The Best amplifier i ever owned
i like it better even than My Musical fidelity i bought new.

Service from Temple was excellent. Next Day service in the post.
Beautiful wrapped. I was a bit taken back by its size 5X5 inches
half the size of The Cambridge Dacmagic it sits next too on the shelf. Has its own power supply same as the Dac. TNT audio Say this should be upgraded at some stage but its not Necessary requirement.

More here about that http://www.tnt-audio.com/ampli/bantam_gold_e.html

Connected to it via The dac is a Rotel Cd player unbranded clear speaker cable and Tannoy F3 Floor standing speakers 5 feet apart

There is a Warning to let it warm up for 20 hours before making any assessments.

Straight out the box it sounded good. Sounded Bright like a good quality Amp with the bass control in the central position and the treble wide open very nice all those interesting highs were really prominent .

After 20 hours i tested it with Bournemouth Symphony orchestra playing Phillip Glass Glass - Symphonies Nos. 2 and 3 Wonderful sounded really excellent. Then What Hi fi Favorite welcome to the illinoise Sufjan Stevens Again wonderful. Then Powerage AC/DC again brilliant.

But Being a good Amplifier it bought out the worst aspects of my Motown collection on some discs. Made me not to want to sort of go there again, left me a bit cold. Aja and Gaucho sound wonderful hearing bits and anomaly's in the recordings i never noticed before like things i never new were actually there to start with and I am an avid listener as well.

Most important It plays quietly and sounds really good low I played Tubular Bells 00:30 in the morning very low and heard everything left and right at a low volume setting. It has two power settings. If you keep your finger on the power button for 20 seconds it flashes and it goes into another power mode to play Ipods and low gain equipment .

Lovely bit of kit British made in Manchester. It was a big choice between The Bantam and a new Fatman I valve USB. I hope I made the right choice.

I have a Bantam (not the Gold) and it too is a very good amplifier. the origional amp from temple was actually a Sure electronics Tripath board, though still very good. I doubt they are 'made' in Manchester though, rather tha boards are made overseas and then perhaps it is assembled here? No matter, they are still fine amo and are fantastic value for money.

advertisement

Back