advertisement

Tellurium Q Black my thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone had a change to try Black with Exposure amps? Is this cable bright sounding compared to NACA5 for example? Can anyone compare the sound to Chord Signature? One more important question, does any of the dealers offer money back quarantee and possibility to return to cable if it doesn't work like I would expect?

I am using Black with exposurs XX1/XVIII bi ampedto neat momentum 4 speakers. Not bright at all - clear, good space between instruments, excellent cable. Have used NACA5 (muddy by comparison) and Chord odyssey (bright in my system). If you can get some on home loan well worth a try.

dzeikei

Below is my thoughts to found on the first page of this post; my amps are IX/II pre amp & IVDR power, hope this helps you. Cable not bright sounding at all, anything but. Borrow a pair from a hifi shop and plug them into your system, you may be quite surprised.

I also bought the black speaker cable just before Christmas. It was to replace my NAC A5 I really wasn't expecting mush as the black is towards the lower end of the range but the difference really stopped menin my tracks.
You are right the detail is there. I'm not a detail freak as most systems that are full of detail are a bit to thin and raw sounding for me. But this cable wasn't just more detail but more like being in front of people who are playing instruments. So natural and real!

I was so fond of the black I wanted to know what difference the ultra black made. Ni managed to get my hands on some and popped it in the system and it was exactly the same but Much more. I just want my hifi to sound real. I hate hard, compressed, edgy sound, and my bug bear is incorrect tone. Yes your hifi can sound fast and excieting but if an instrument has a lack of tone its just a fast sound similar to an instrument. The ultra black had outstanding tone accuracy, showing through the body of an instrument and not just part of it. ie. Hearing the body of a guitar and not just the strings.
After a week I plugged the cheaper black back in and sound signature was exactly the same as the ultra black but just less of the excellent qualities.

Ok, just plumbed in the blue speaker cable.
1st impressions, very flat/thin & easy to work with.
Sound-wise, yes, small amounts of more detail, eg reverb fading away, stuff that's very low down in the mix is more audible. Cymbals, tambourines etc have a bit more air around them, basically, sounds v. Good.
Will it change over the next week or so? No idea. Do cables burn in audibly?
Anyway, so far so good. I will go back to the Blacklink in a few days time to see what I think.
There is a part of me that wants the exercise to fail, because if I like the Blue stuff, it opens up the possibility that the really expensive stuff might impress me further, & the wallet (& the mrs) just won't stand for that cost!
My Blacklink may well be for sale here soon.
Matt.

My cables have settled in over the past couple of weeks. Bass definition has improved along with clarity. The sound appears more natural. These are really excellent cables. I notice the "other" forum is checking them out too!

My cables have settled in over the past couple of weeks. Bass definition has improved along with clarity. The sound appears more natural. These are really excellent cables. I notice the "other" forum is checking them out too!

Untill now no comment from horses mouth whether these cables will match amplifier range at all or what lenght needed.

I understand the manufacturer was contacted by a user which was told 3 mtr is fine.

Another issue is amp load on older vs new range amplication, it would be really nice getting a clear picture, bet TQ are on a test bench somewhere.

Well, I guess that's supposed to be a bit of a dig, but I do think that has to be a significant factor of running in/burn in phases. Not just of cables, but ofmseveral other components as well.
Matt.

Not a dig at all. I'm simply not personally convinced that cables 'burn in'. That doesn't mean they don't. I feel differently about components though. Horses for courses and all that.........

my pair to replace chord epic super twin are, for the money, fantastic. They make my atc scm19 sound really a lot bigger and the sound stage is free from the speakers, so much so i have reduced the amount of toe in and still get a focussed image, just a lot bigger. Bass definition is very good and having listened to a very familiar faithless cd and heard what i thought were synth noises turn into a childs voice deep in the mix, i am very impressed.

How is the bass and attack compared to NACA5? At least Chord doesn't have that attack NACA5 creates. If it has the attack of NACA with more detail without being too harsh, it might suit my tastes quite well.

If it has the attack of NACA with more detail without being too harsh, it might suit my tastes quite well.[/QUOTE]

For the record Tellurium cable is never ever ever harsh, nothing like it. The exact opposite.

At The moment I am looking at different cables to fine tune my system and came across this thread, it sound very tempting to try the speaker cables and poss the interconnect as well, but the prices are really beyond what I can afford at present. I think it's a shame that unless there is a genuine reason for cables to cost hundreds of pounds that many people will never get to hear the difference they can make. I have just gone from 4mm Van Damme upofc speaker cable to some old AST200 and tbh it has been a sideways step, not worse but not better, definatly different character though, how some people genuinely can't accept that cables make a difference is beyond me

I think it's a shame that unless there is a genuine reason for cables to cost hundreds of pounds that many people will never get to hear the difference they can make.
Is profit a genuine reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back