advertisement

Teddy XPS

BlueZoo

Hi

I saw Bob Atherton's review of his Teddy XPS. Has anyone else used the XPS with the Naim DAC, and if so, what was your experience?

I got quite excited there for a moment - a reply!!

Oh well - maybe I should widen the net - has anyone any experience to report with the Teddy XPS with any Naim kit?

Yup -- use it with my CDX2, love it.

Made the CDP sound smoother at the top end + tighter, more tuneful bass + much nicer to listen to on more complicated bits of music (things more seperated, less messy).

Never heard an xps2 in my house, but from what i remember of its effects from various store demos, the teddyxps is very, very similar, except in a much smaller / cheaper package!

Only caveat is that you lose a little bit of that Naim midbass warmth (bloat?), but given the some of my other kit (b&W 804s, nap 250.2), that worked out well for me.

Also, teddy's a great guy to deal with.

Well that sounds very encouraging, it's a shame it's not possible to demo one beforehand

Only caveat is that you lose a little bit of that Naim midbass warmth (bloat?), but given the some of my other kit (b&W 804s, nap 250.2), that worked out well for me.

Doesn't surprise me. It's the most noticeable change with TeddyCaps, too.

I've worked at removing "bloat" from the system over the past few years and have been impressed with how bloat-free the Naim DAC is. In fact, tonally, I'm in a very good place at the moment so I guess I will need to hear a TeddyXPS to establish exactly what it will do - I don't particularly want to upset things, just enhance them.

I am demming a Naim DAc and hopefully Bryston too. the XPS and power supply options do interest me as there is always room for an upgrade ;)

I like the sound of the DAC - a bit more round earth without losing good Naim qualities. I was worried that that might be lost - but apparently not.

I have a Naim HDX (acquired nearly 18 months ago).

When my HDX firmware was eventually upgraded a couple of months ago, I auditioned a Naim DAC with it, and was so impressed with the improvement that I decided to buy one.

In the meantime I have now also heard the difference that adding a Naim external psu can make to the HDX / DAC combination - but the severe extra expense (and the need for yet another big black box) were not acceptable for me. Then somehow or other I managed to stumble upon the Teddy Pardo range of compatible psu upgrades.

Yesterday I took delivery of my very own Teddy XPS - to work with the DAC.

It takes a week or perhaps longer to bed in properly, I understand - so I am looking forward to reporting how it helps!

;)

I completely agree with Kartik. I use a Teddy XPS on my CDX and got the same effects he's noticed and the small footprint is a real bonus.

CHE

I have just realised that I have not yet updated my earlier posting in this thread.

Well, the Teddy XPS has been installed for over 7 months now and has performed with excellence since then, with no problems.

The combination of the Teddy XPS powering my Naim DAC, which can play output from my Naim HDX, or from my cable TV STB or my Sony DVD player - or even from an iPhone - is very convincing.

I am one satisfied user!

advertisement

Back