advertisement

teddy pardo xps/ naim xps

aion1944

pfm Member
has anyone done a comparison of the teddy versus the naim xps ? I have been offered a teddy and am wondering if it will be a reasonable up grade !

Hello aion1944, like a few others on this forum, I migrated from a decent all Naim setup to Teddy Pardo gear including swapping my XPS2 for a Teddy XPS.

I never regretted this particular swap for a second and they both provide excellent additions, the Teddy XPS being more laid-back and detailed and the Naim, well more Naimish.

I compared a TXPS to XPS (non DR) on my NDS, and preferred the TXPS? Wider soundstage and more clarity, but less Naim ''drive'

I went for teddy xps, dualcap and supercap. They certainly have made a SQ improvement and generally cheaper than the Naim equivalents. I reasoned I could always move to Naim later if required, given that the teddy’s are easy to move on. Not yet felt the need to do so yet..

I have had teddy XPS to nDac and NDS,the Naim XPS is much superior ,the sound is so much more musical and powerful and fun.
Also the Naim sXPS Burndy cable is much better than the teddy version.

I’ve owned most of the classic Naim kit pre DR, ended up with all Teddy PSU’s instead of Naim ones. Never tried any of the alternatives like CHC or Avondale. My fave system was NDX/TXPS/nDAC/TXPS/282/DualTCap/300, I believe the HiCap DR is very similar to the TCap and a bit more refined sounding than the original HiCap.

The Teddy stuff brought things out in the mix and improved the soundstage, it’s not a massive difference but I preferred it, if you want the full on Naim driven hard/fast sound then their PSUs are the way to go.

advertisement

Back