advertisement

Teddy Pardo ST-60 with Naim 32.5?

Garth

pfm Member
Hi All,

I am running a naim NAC 32.5 / NAP 90 combo powering my 4 ohm 90db Linn Ninkas in a smallish room. the combo sounds great to me but I would love to try some upgrades. I had been looking for a NAP 110, possinly adding a second one at some point to run them as monoblocks. Or was thinking of a NAP 160 if I could ever find one. MY thinking is these amps would both better power my speakers - not that they seem particularly lacking - as well as provide a better power supply for my 32.5 without adding a high cap.

However a used Teddy Pardo ST-60 has come available and I wonder if this would pair well with my 32.5 and how it might compare with a NAP 110 or other naim equivalent.

Thanks for any input.

cheers,
Garth

A NAP 110 or 160 would give you the best of what Naim can do with a pure Naim sound signature and would handle the 4 ohm speakers with ease and power.
The Teddy Pardo would give you more refinement but might sound a bit bass shy and be not as groovy as a Naim amp.
As a bass player (see my avatar !) I prefer the Naim sound to the Teddy in general.

Teddy ST-60 is very average / rubbish TBH.

Avondale NCC220 is where you want to look
TPR4 HiCap and RSL boards for the 32.5

A Teddy ST60 knocked the spots off my NAP 90 and 140 so I'd expect you to be very pleased. I now have a brace of ST60s active in to SBLs via a NAC 82 (previously a 102), so they work just dandy with Naim pre-amps.

CHE

The ST60 is a great amp. Better than my NAP200 by some margin. Still have it after 10 years.
Let's be honest, both of the above are junk

If you think those are good, get a listen to a JVC AX-Z1010TN, it will bend your mind

Teddy amp is not 'better' than the 200, it's a completely different listen. Clean, underpowered, uninteresting.. And cuts out all the time into modest B&W (CM8) speakers, due to the inbuilt protection. Midbass hump / PRaT were not there to my ears.

Avondale does all the Naim stuff, but better

Last edited:
A NAP 110 or 160 would give you the best of what Naim can do with a pure Naim sound signature and would handle the 4 ohm speakers with ease and power.
The Teddy Pardo would give you more refinement but might sound a bit bass shy and be not as groovy as a Naim amp.
As a bass player (see my avatar !) I prefer the Naim sound to the Teddy in general.
This is what I just said, but more polite

let's be honest, both of the above are junk

If you think those are good, get a listen to a JVC AX-Z1010TN, it will bend your mind

Teddy amp is not 'better' that the 200, it's a completely different listen. Clean, underpowered, uninteresting.. And cuts out all the time into modest B&W (CM8)
speakers, due to the inbuilt protection. Midbass hump / PRaT were not there to my ears.

Avondale does all the Naim stuff, but better

not sure what your problem is but not my experience at all. So you like something else get over it. They ST60 does prat in spades. Anyway you would be hard pressed to find one these days as they are no longer made. Sounds great in my second system.

Yup it was mine and I kept it.and your point is?
My point, which you have just demonstrated to be too feckless to comprehend, is that you have a vested interest.

If the amp in question really was 'all that' then it would be in your main system

Don’t be ridiculous. I don’t need to justify anything to you. We all have experience of different system. Go talk crap somewhere else.

advertisement

Back