advertisement

Teddy Pardo PR1, DAC and MB100 sound better or worse compared to a DAC_VC and MB100

As stated in my previous email, I am presently moving from active to passive. This move and other changes make me re-think my current system. My next move could be to sell the PR1 and DAC with 192kHz Async USB module and purchase DAC-VC with the same 192kHz Async USB module.

Does PR1, DAC and MB100 sound better or worse compared to a DAC_VC and MB100? Sound quality is my top priority!!!

Teddy’s reply: the sound quality is similar

Anyone made this move or have listen to both set-up?

I purchased a dac-vc (without the async board) and a pair of MB100s as I had a digital only system at the time. I then decided to get the records out of the garage so added a Teddy PR1.

In all honesty, I could not tell any difference between the dac on its own and the dac/PR1 combo. In my opinion it’s a testament to the quality of the PR1.

Sadly I have a hearing problem so need an amp with a balance control. Consequently, the Teddy has been sold. I do like the dac/power combo; it’s a simple no-nonsense system that must be one of the great hifi bargains. The direct sale business model means that the buyer gets a lot of value for his money.

I should also add that I still have the dac-vc in my system. I just can’t see it being replaced.

advertisement

Back