advertisement

Teddy Pardo new cable supplier

Very strange,but I have not heard any Teddy product that sounds as good as the original Naim ones.I think Teddy it’s just a sad parasiting company ,if one don’t want the original I think that Avondale is much better than Teddy.
Leaving the uncool language and attitude to TP aside, I think comparing broadly between these is not really helpful and in my experience the older generations Naim cables and PSUs are not better in any way than Teddy’s, for so many reasons. It’s also of course worth bearing in mind that it’s to a large extent companies like TP and Avondale that pushed Naim to create improved interconnects (e.g. SXPS) and especially catch up with TP quality PSUs with their DR amps and PSUs to stay competitive (which is good for us). And preferring Naim’s own is fine, of course, there is a difference in signatures. If the newer cables from TP are better, this is great news as I also think that e.g the previous TP burndy on the TXPS PSU was not nearly as good as the Naim SXPS and to me the TXPS sounded way better with a Naim SXPS instead.

Leaving the uncool language and attitude to TP aside, I think comparing broadly between these is not really helpful and in my experience the older generations Naim cables and PSUs are not better in any way than Teddy’s, for so many reasons. It’s also of course worth bearing in mind that it’s to a large extent companies like TP and Avondale that pushed Naim to create improved interconnects (e.g. SXPS) and especially catch up with TP quality PSUs with their DR amps and PSUs to stay competitive (which is good for us). And preferring Naim’s own is fine, of course, there is a difference in signatures. If the newer cables from TP are better, this is great news as I also think that e.g the previous TP burndy on the TXPS PSU was not nearly as good as the Naim SXPS and to me the TXPS sounded way better with a Naim SXPS instead.
I’d say definitely give the new TP Burndy’s a try, the effect was pretty dramatic for me straight out of the box.

Totally agree that the Naim SXPS Burndy is much better than the Teddy Burndy.

Anyone compared with using a WitchHat hatpin18 and Hatpin5 on digital duties- I’ve experienced the big step up from the standard burndy and SNAIC but unable to justify the financial leap to the Morgana Burndy or new Chord Burndy - wondering if this was a step up from what i have on my 52/PS ot just sideways.....?

Hi, yes I replaced WH hatpin on all duties with Morgana. I then replaced the hatpin Burndy’s with TP. Big difference.

Can you elaborate what sound signature the new Teddy Burndy XPS has compared to Naim burndy SXPS? Many thanks!

These are the Koltura cables, that everyone is referring too? Anyone tried the D4-XLR on their 300DR? & what about the 252 specific Burndy?

I'm also interested in Koltura cables, as an RCA to DIN has come up second hand locally. Would there be a noticeable improvement over my Flashback premium RCA to DIN?

I just purchased the Teddy Burndy XPS. It is surely different from Naim SXPS. More open and clear. Bass response is tighter. At the moment I appreciate it more but a bit of harshness is there. I connect it yesterday. I hope in the burn in! Silver may be the reason 🤔

Last edited:
I'm also interested in Koltura cables, as an RCA to DIN has come up second hand locally. Would there be a noticeable improvement over my Flashback premium RCA to DIN?
Never heard of Koltura but have a Flashback Premiere myself - this is very good.
Doesn't hurt to try something new, maybe the locally Koltura cable is fair priced or easy to resell if no success ?

Never heard of Koltura but have a Flashback Premiere myself - this is very good.
Doesn't hurt to try something new, maybe the locally Koltura cable is fair priced or easy to resell if no success ?
I bought the Koltura, it was just a few weeks old and nearly €100 cheaper than new. I also like the Premiere and for the price it is amazing (I think I paid about 35 quid). The Koltura is just slightly better, bringing a little more detail out, but definitely not a night and day thing. I will keep it.

Have a Koltura D5 for sale -$100 plus shipping (in the U.S.).Not used -just ordered it last week but did not realize TP sent me one for my Teddy Cap last year when the previous cable supplied was having issues.Please PM if interested.

advertisement

Back