advertisement

Teddy Pardo new cable supplier

It does look thicker to me as well.
I haven't tried one so can't comment, but I do find it hard to believe that a cable carrying very low voltage (24v max) over a very short distance can make a difference.
But as always ready to be proven wrong.

That isn’t a new one......

You may be correct. The TXPS only arrived with me last week, so I would presume it's the latest type? Could have been old stock though. All I can say is that if there's a different, even stiffer version, then it could be used as a crowbar! Very unwieldy indeed.

Well, I’ve just installed Teddy’s new Burndy’s from my TXPS and TXPS+ to my NDS and blow me down, there is a very definite improvement in SQ, which in my humble opinion, was already excellent with the old Teddy Burndy’s. Well, that has confounded me! I really didn’t think that a power only cable could make any difference to SQ. I stand corrected. I now need to rethink my aversion to fancy mains cables (I use bog standard kettle leads). Bugger! More expense......

Last edited:
After 24hrs burn in, all I can say is witchcraft. That is the only explanation for this level of SQ improvement.

After 24hrs burn in, all I can say is witchcraft. That is the only explanation for this level of SQ improvement.
Power cables(mains) are the real deal, I learned this very begrudgingly 10 years ago. The hatpin five carrying just power brought a very real and enjoyable improvement to my 52/Sc. Every component I own has a very fancy kettle chord attached and I have no regrets, seems thus far neither do you. Power matters, as much as anything IMHO.

Jeff

I just received some new RCA cables from Teddy, they're very different than the old and wasn't expecting it - look way more expensive than the asking price and looking forward to a proper listen. Only problem is now I'll have to consider changing the others in my system

Good news! Considering how much WH are charging for the Morgana’s, Teddy’s cables are a steal.
I had one Teddy XPS and one Teddy XPS Plus to power a Naim NDS,then I get hold of an Naim 555 PS and it was so much better in every way.The thing that was even nicer was to power only the analogue side of the NDS with the 555 PS and only the digital with an Teddy XPS,but I haven´t tried double Naim 555 PS’s

I hope the new Teddy Burndy is better because the old one sounded thin and boring.

I had one Teddy XPS and one Teddy XPS Plus to power a Naim NDS,then I get hold of an Naim 555 PS and it was so much better in every way.The thing that was even nicer was to power only the analogue side of the NDS with the 555 PS and only the digital with an Teddy XPS,but I haven´t tried double Naim 555 PS’s

I hope the new Teddy Burndy is better because the old one sounded thin and boring.
Hi, odd, I did exactly the same thing, but in reverse! I much preferred the two Teddy’s to the Naim, much more detail and nuances. There you go, different systems, rooms, ears, preferences e.t.c. The new Teddy Burndy’s are a revelation compared to the old. To be fair, I have not heard the new Morgana Burndy’s - all my other cabling is Morgana, except for a custom cans between the NDS and Woo.

Hi, odd, I did exactly the same thing, but in reverse! I much preferred the two Teddy’s to the Naim, much more detail and nuances. There you go, different systems, rooms, ears, preferences e.t.c. The new Teddy Burndy’s are a revelation compared to the old. To be fair, I have not heard the new Morgana Burndy’s - all my other cabling is Morgana, except for a custom cans between the NDS and Woo.
Very strange,but I have not heard any Teddy product that sounds as good as the original Naim ones.I think Teddy it’s just a sad parasiting company ,if one don’t want the original I think that Avondale is much better than Teddy.

Very strange,but I have not heard any Teddy product that sounds as good as the original Naim ones.I think Teddy it’s just a sad parasiting company ,if one don’t want the original I think that Avondale is much better than Teddy.
Lol

advertisement

Back