advertisement

Teddy Pardo new cable supplier

matfff

pfm Member
TP have a new German cable supplier.
I have purchased two Burndy’s made with this new cable, one for a SC to 252 the other for a SC to Superline.
They replaced a stock Naim Burndy and a previous generation TP Burndy.
The new cables are outstanding. The differences are not subtle. They are very ‘Morgana like’. Far greater detail and clarity with a deeper, wider soundstage.
They are currently on the website at the same cost as the previous generation. If you like what the Morgana interconnects have done to your system, I would snap these up before TP realise what they have got their hands on and triple the price.
I have nothing whatsoever to do with TP, just a very happy customer.

Got a pair of RCA cables with Nutrik Profi plugs for testing.
Good replacement for the ones with WBT next Gen plugs.
Tested also a SME cable with angled plug. Better details as with my
actual used van den Hul cable. Now waiting for a SME cable with straight
plug. For the prices Teddy is asking for really an insider tip!

Always been very pleased with all of the "old" interconnects, Burndys and speaker cables. Not so keen on the WBT's though.

Hello, also the T XPS-Plus burndy cable is new ?
Do you know what the differences are with naim burndy cable ?

TP have a new German cable supplier.
I have purchased two Burndy’s made with this new cable, one for a SC to 252 the other for a SC to Superline.
They replaced a stock Naim Burndy and a previous generation TP Burndy.
The new cables are outstanding. The differences are not subtle. They are very ‘Morgana like’. Far greater detail and clarity with a deeper, wider soundstage.
They are currently on the website at the same cost as the previous generation. If you like what the Morgana interconnects have done to your system, I would snap these up before TP realise what they have got their hands on and triple the price.
I have nothing whatsoever to do with TP, just a very happy customer.

Matfff - I have just received the new Teddy Burndys to use on my TXPS and TXPS+ powering my Nain NDS. My reaction after only a couple of hours is ... WOW...OMG...what have I been missing for the last 4 decades?

The transformation is just as you describe. The sound is more forward (Naim like) but also with a deeper soundstage, and with fantastic separation. Vocalists are standing infront of me - orchestras are huge. The 'smoothing' of higher frequencies that I reported on adding the XPS+ (in the Teddy 555 thread) has gone - so better trebble. Music simply flows better, and is even more realistic. Detail is there in the most complex of tracks. Good records are outstanding and terrible 80s recordings sound very similar to my vinyl copies.

These cables are much more substantial and stiffer, not very flexible, so presumably there is better insulation of the various wires .

I have alos noticed that I seem to have to crank up (By around 3 to 6db) the dial on my (passive) MFA preamp

To my mind, if anyone has an old NDS (bought at full retail like me) and was thinking of 'moving on', the TXPS/TXPS+ with the *new* Burndys should be listened to first. I have only heard an NDS with two Nain 555s at shows, but it is clear that Nain designed the unit for dual power units.

If one can get a second hand NDS then to my ears the combination with the Teddy units is still a potential 'for ever' unit, and a bargin compared to DCS or Chord DACS etc

I wonder if Teddy will pull another rabbit if his hat, perhaps with some power cables for his units? I hope so.

BTW, did you have the Teddy XPS and XPS+ already and have added new Burndy’s, or have you upgraded everything, I.e your first use of the Teddy XPS and XPS+?

BTW, did you have the Teddy XPS and XPS+ already and have added new Burndy’s, or have you upgraded everything, I.e your first use of the Teddy XPS and XPS+?

I already had The TXPS and TXPS+ - with the original cables. This afternoon I swapped for the new Teddy Burndys

My hunch is that anyone using a TXPS (eg to power the nDAC, NDX etc ) would benefit from replacing the old Brundy With the new one, given that others report that Brundys do mkae a difference

Thanks, that’s very interesting indeed. I actually haven’t swapped the two Burndy’s for the NDS, thinking that as they are power only, they would make no difference to SQ. Now you’ve got me thinking!! The new Burndy’s between the TSC’s and 252 and Superline just kept getting better and better over some weeks.

Thanks, that’s very interesting indeed. I actually haven’t swapped the two Burndy’s for the NDS, thinking that as they are power only, they would make no difference to SQ. Now you’ve got me thinking!! The new Burndy’s between the TSC’s and 252 and Superline just kept getting better and better over some weeks.

Matfff

I think you will be impressed

I’ve dropped Yair a line, if they are in stock, I shall take the plunge! Not doubting you for a moment, but I’m still slightly agog that power only Burndy’s can make such a difference. Here’s hoping!

I’ve dropped Yair a line, if they are in stock, I shall take the plunge! Not doubting you for a moment, but I’m still slightly agog that power only Burndy’s can make such a difference. Here’s hoping!

Matfff - Teddy operates a bullet proof returns policy (which I personally have never felt the urge to use) https://www.teddypardo.com/support/terms.html I was only alerted to the cables by your post - so I guess it is possible you alraedy have the newer versions, best to check with Yair. As I wrote, the newer cables are very stiff and have a larger duameter

Hi, no, I have the original Teddy XPS cables, there the only ones I have not upgraded, from original Teddy/Naim/Witchhat Hatpin, to New Teddy/Witchhat Morgana. If your right (and again, not doubting you), I’ll have to rethink the Hatpin I have on the 252, as that is power only, I didn’t upgrade to Morgana. Mmmmmmmmm......!

Hi, no, I have the original Teddy XPS cables, there the only ones I have not upgraded, from original Teddy/Naim/Witchhat Hatpin, to New Teddy/Witchhat Morgana. If your right (and again, not doubting you), I’ll have to rethink the Hatpin I have on the 252, as that is power only, I didn’t upgrade to Morgana. Mmmmmmmmm......!

You can write the shoot out of Brundys

Hi andrews,

the txps + arrived right now, after only 6 days from Israel !! Came with the new burndy cable.... you say it is better than the Naim cable ?? how many days of running in does it take?

Hi andrews,

the txps + arrived right now, after only 6 days from Israel !! Came with the new burndy cable.... you say it is better than the Naim cable ?? how many days of running in does it take?

simone

I was only able to make a comparison of the 'old' Teddy Brundy with the 'new'.

I have have not compared the Teddy with the Naim XPS Brundy. However there are several threads where other brands Brundy (eg Chord or Witch Hat) have been judged to be 'better' than the Naim ones eg https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/chord-burndy.243977/

My understaing is that cable insulation has moved on since Naim designed their cables- and this may be a significant reason for the reporst that it is possible to upgrade Brundys. In the case of the 'new' Teddy cables - they are considerably stiffer and wider - suggsting (to me) more insulation etc

yes, I agree, they are much bigger than the old ones and it makes me think of replacing the one I have on the first teddy, but for now I will run in the teddy plus and let's see ...

I have very recently received a TXPS with what I presume is the new cable. Unfortunately it seems that the TPXS had a fault in that the casing resonated excessively, emitting a noticeable buzz in the process. TP quickly agreed to a replacement, so no probs there. That brings me on to the cable: it is very heavy and stiff. Stiff to the point that it can move the TPXS itself when moved. It makes it more difficult to place the PS where I want it. I may have to resort to blu tac to keep it in place!

advertisement

Back