advertisement

Technics 50th Anni SL-1200 Mk7

That is really good, it looks great! A far brighter red than I was expecting. I really like these 1200s, they are fun!

A mixed DJ pair would look cool, not sure which would be the two best complementary colours though.

That is really good, it looks great! A far brighter red than I was expecting. I really like these 1200s, they are fun!

A mixed DJ pair would look cool, not sure which would be the two best complementary colours though.

Agreed! A pair in Red and Yellow would certainly be bright!

They should have done one with all the colours on.

795-CAEFE-677-A-46-C1-93-D3-AD4-EF69-A1-B75.jpg

Another one on eBay here, a black one. I’m highlighting it as the serial number is visible in the eighth picture (with the lid fitted and the deck sitting on the box, you need to zoom to read it) and looks to be #00462. That rather breaks our theory of colour batches as it is only a few away from my yellow one.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
A bit ambitious.

It is pure comedy gold. I really can’t see any shifting at that sort of price anytime soon. I bet you can still get a lot new for £899 with a bit of shopping around. It will be amusing to see where it settles over the next year or two, which colours have a premium over others etc. All a bit of fun, and I don’t care in the slightest either way as I like my yellow one and it makes for a lovely spare turntable should I ever need one. To be honest my only irritation is the lack of lid hinges, that is a massive design flaw IMHO. At the very least they should have factory drilled and plugged the mounting holes and sold the hinges as a spare for those who wanted them.

which colours have a premium over others

My bet the green and blue are low on premium scale.
But as taste in music and dogs, we're all different.

Picture on page 1. trick your eye a bit with background color help.

With less than 25-30 decks/each color per country, I certainly believe most decks are pre-ordered/paid

It is pure comedy gold. I really can’t see any shifting at that sort of price anytime soon. I bet you can still get a lot new for £899 with a bit of shopping around. It will be amusing to see where it settles over the next year or two, which colours have a premium over others etc. All a bit of fun, and I don’t care in the slightest either way as I like my yellow one and it makes for a lovely spare turntable should I ever need one. To be honest my only irritation is the lack of lid hinges, that is a massive design flaw IMHO. At the very least they should have factory drilled and plugged the mounting holes and sold the hinges as a spare for those who wanted them.

May have been best to edge your bets and buy one in each colour until such time can be determined which is the real gem of the colour pack.

advertisement

Back