advertisement

Technics 100C vs Modded 1210mk2

The only thing not recommended by KAB is rewiring the arm because he buggered up the auto-lift on the second one he did. The cueing action improves considerably with the KAB damper installed.
In my experience rewiring the arm and the interconnect is the bit which makes the most difference.

In my experience rewiring the arm and the interconnect is the bit which makes the most difference.
KAB used to offer an arm rewire for the 1500C and Kevin said it made a significant improvement. But rewiring caused failures with the delicate auto-lift mechanism which made him withdraw the service.

KAB used to offer an arm rewire for the 1500C and Kevin said it made a significant improvement. But rewiring caused failures with the delicate auto-lift mechanism which made him withdraw the service.
I can understand why with the 1500c/100c as its a very flimsy arm lift. I stuck with my 1210 in the end as its much more solidly built.

I don't believe its that simple
A friend thought the same as you, but timing and tonality still not up to new editions, he admitted later.
So many believe since weight is higher on old models, they "must" sound better - they don't imo.

advertisement

Back