advertisement

Teac brings back the VRDS!

allthingsanalog

pfm Member
I’ve gotta say, I was almost going to to buy the MOON 260D but this looks very interesting and absolutely fantastic in the silver finish!

£2000

vrds-701t_image_w_ref.jpg

I’ve gotta say, I was almost going to to buy the MOON 260D but this looks very interesting and absolutely fantastic in the silver finish!

£2000

No XLR though

vrds-701t_image_w_ref.jpg

It does look interesting. It's £2,500 in the UK, not £2,000

I'm very familiar with the Moon 260d, particularly as a transport, at which it excels. I'd also want to hear the mech when playing; the Teac/Esoteric ones I've heard aren't that quiet. The 260d is, to all intents and purposes, silent. My money would be on the Moon, but this is certainly of interest.

I'm very familiar with the Moon 260d, particularly as a transport, at which it excels. I'd also want to hear the mech when playing; the Teac/Esoteric ones I've heard aren't that quiet. The 260d is, to all intents and purposes, silent. My money would be on the Moon, but this is certainly of interest.

the cd player is 2.5k the cd transport is 2k

and yes the drive noise is incredibly important .

Complete agreement concerning the silence of the Moon 260DT mech.
I only sold mine because I've moved over to playing files rather than discs.

Complete agreement concerning the silence of the Moon 260DT mech.

I only sold mine because I've moved over to playing files rather than discs.

Atm I have a Bryston BDA 2 Dac, would I be better off going for the built in DAC of the Moon?

I’m going to have to sell my Melco to fund the Moon. And the reason I’m saying that is because even a 20 year old rubbish, even at the time sounds better than my N100. I only play WAV files and the cd's are all on the hard drive.

Something tells me that nearly £3k worth of Melco and PSU should be at least the same but not worse!

IMO, in this case, the MOON should be significantly better.

Looks nice but I do wonder what is under the hood, the original was built like a tank.
Actually thinking about this as I type, I'm not sure that 'Tank' is strictly necessary for good sound?

Atm I have a Bryston BDA 2 Dac, would I be better off going for the built in DAC of the Moon?

I’m going to have to sell my Melco to fund the Moon. And the reason I’m saying that is because even a 20 year old rubbish, even at the time sounds better than my N100. I only play WAV files and the cd's are all on the hard drive.

Something tells me that nearly £3k worth of Melco and PSU should be at least the same but not worse!

IMO, in this case, the MOON should be significantly better.
No idea about the sound of the internal DAC on the 260 since I only ever listened to and purchased the drive-only version. As a drive the 260DT is one of the two best I've owned. The other was a CEC 51, the heavy puck of which had to be handled with extreme care to avoid damage to the mech.

I was pondering a transport but the output options are hopeless and the clock input is incompatible for me as well. It's a hard pass which is a shame.

I don't get it, there’s 2 photos online. One says CD player on the rear and the other says Transport.

The cd player has no analogue outs but XLR. The Transport has no XLR. I don’t get it?

eSDywoL.jpg

oEE9L4d.jpg
The transport has digital out to a dac, the player has RCA and XLR to amp or powered speakers. Makes sense to me. Shame they can’t make products at this price in Japan, Denon can.

I don't get it, there’s 2 photos online. One says CD player on the rear and the other says Transport.

The cd player has no analogue outs but XLR. The Transport has no XLR. I don’t get it?

eSDywoL.jpg

oEE9L4d.jpg

Looking at the pics you've posted the CD player is equipped with both XLR and RCA analogue outputs.
Both Transport and Player have a digital inputs and outputs.

It's a nice looking player/Transport apart from the handles.

Looking at the pics you've posted the CD player is equipped with both XLR and RCA analogue outputs.
Both Transport and Player have a digital inputs and outputs.

It's a nice looking player/Transport apart from the handles.
Now I feel silly!

I wasn’t looking at both the XLR's! I assumed one was an XLR out digital and didn’t even spot the other one
!

Then Yes, no XLR is a deal breaker!

advertisement

Back