advertisement

Tapeheads, what do you record onto tape?

My mate records hi res from qobuz onto his teac reel to reel machine and the playback is amazing...in fact I'm sure can hear more things in the music than in the hi res..we listened to both and thought that..I then went home and tried recording hi res from qobuz onto my denon cassette tape recorder and it was quite good too..and my partner mentioned that they could hear more of what's going on in the music too? Beatles music it was..so much more toe tapping..or was that taping?

My mate records hi res from qobuz onto his teac reel to reel machine and the playback is amazing...in fact I'm sure can hear more things in the music than in the hi res..we listened to both and thought that..I then went home and tried recording hi res from qobuz onto my denon cassette tape recorder and it was quite good too..and my partner mentioned that they could hear more of what's going on in the music too? Beatles music it was..so much more toe tapping..or was that taping?
Assembling playlists of the exact duration to fill one side of a compact cassette has never been easier with streaming services. I simply don't have the patience to physically change media like I did when I was young and carefree. I must try this with my Tidal subscription to keep my Nak exercised and stash of TDK cassettes used.

advertisement

Back