Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[IC] Tannoy Legacy Ardens, ST100s, Gaia IIs...

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by JTC, Mar 27, 2022.

1. JTC

JTC PFM Villager...

As you might have seen from posts elsewhere, I'm considering downsizing to smaller speakers and perhaps a sub. The mighty and incredible Ardens - one of the last pairs made in the UK - may be up for sale.

I'm not 100% sure I want to sell yet, but I'd like to gauge the level of interest (and logistics) before going any further. I'd prefer to sell as a package at around £5250, and can deliver for fuel costs (since I wouldn't trust them with a courier) by arrangement.

I may split - the ST100s would be around £500 (including Mark Grant improved jumper wires) and the Gaia IIs around £400, with the Ardens themselves at around £4750 in near mint condition, original boxes, bungs, accessory kit, grilles etc., but I won't split unless the Ardens go first. RRP on Ardens is about £8.5k, and mine are about 18 months old and have seen sensible use in a smoke-free home.

PM if you want more details or want to let me know if you're interested. I'd be prepared to hold for a small deposit if you want to buy them, but since I need to make a firm decision it will boil down to logistics and timing.

Zaiden, alan967tiger, shrink and 4 others like this.
  2. JTC

JTC PFM Villager...

Had a few enquiries, just for everyone’s benefit, I’m located in central Scotland but can deliver by negotiation (and fuel costs).

3. JTC

JTC PFM Villager...

Bump

4. JTC

JTC PFM Villager...

OK, these are now officially available. I’m away from home for another few days but when I’m back I will take full photos of everything and create a new FS post. I’ve PM-ed those that expressed an interest, but if you’re interested and haven’t PM-ed me, please do.

5. Amormusic

Amormusic pfm Member

I've PM'd you re the Gaia II's.

6. JTC

JTC PFM Villager...

I'm going to put up an official F/S post this coming weekend, but I've updated the prices:

Tannoy Legacy Ardens (inc. boxes, accessory kit, grilles, jumper cables): £4250
    Tannoy ST100 supertweeters (no boxes): £500
    Or Ardens+ST100s for £4500 firm.

Delivery may be available (I can transport these unboxed but protected in my campervan; boxes are flattened and can be un-flattened easily enough). I don't mind throwing in delivery within a 100-mile radius of Edinburgh at the asking price; further afield, I'll do it for diesel money (within reason).

The Gaia IIs are now sold.

7. JTC

JTC PFM Villager...

May consider part-ex against the Ardens (though would prefer to sell outright).

8. JTC

JTC PFM Villager...

I know I’ve been lazy and have yet to create the proper FS post, but here’s a pic for you…

[​IMG]

9. JTC

JTC PFM Villager...

Mina will miss the Ardens…

[​IMG]

10. JTC

JTC PFM Villager...

One might say, a pair of beautiful woofers :D

Willing to consider very close offers…

11. myles

myles Intentionally left blank

Buy with confidence, JTC is nice guy to deal with.

JTC likes this.
  12. BB Wan

BB Wan You're gonna do what?!

Heard a pair of these (not this pair) for the first time today...WOW! Massive soundstage and I mean massive! If only I had the space. GLWTS

hifinutt and JTC like this.
  13. JTC

JTC PFM Villager...

They’re awesome but I agreed to sell them on and compromise on something smaller. They don’t need a huge space: my room is about 18’ x 15’ ish. They would scale up to a much bigger room though…

14. Locheeboy

Locheeboy pfm Member

What size is your listening room ? Mine's is 4.5m x 4m, I have Ardens. Don't believe ALL the hype about size of room. It took a while to set the speakers but after a thousand years, I got where I wanted. If your room is my size (or bigger), don't hesitate, at least get a demo. These speakers ARE worth it.

hifinutt likes this.
  15. JTC

JTC PFM Villager...

Thanks. They are reasonably easy to get working, though the range of adjustment- HF and also port bungs - can be a little daunting at first.

16. JTC

JTC PFM Villager...

Had a couple of people ask about location and the possibility of demos. Fife (near Edinburgh) and yes, by arrangement. PM if interested. Good coffee on offer :)

17. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

so far my tannoy legacy have outlasted a number of high end speakers ... highly recommended and the last made in Scotland

effinity, andrewd and JTC like this.
  18. JTC

JTC PFM Villager...

I’m seriously tempted to keep them, but they are somewhat wasted on my pianissimo ways…

19. Locheeboy

Locheeboy pfm Member

Tannoys and pianissimo are like Astaire & Rogers, Rogers & Hart, Lennon & McCartney, Dylan & Baez, Toots & The Maytals, Simon & Garfunkel, The Blue Nile, Bob Marley, the Floyd, David Bowie...ah could go on..... DO NOT SELL THEM, ye'll become a hermit , ye'll stop listening tae music 'cos the old god has gone. Ye'll stop eating, enter a dreamlike state, then die... and God'll say "Ye What, Ye Feckin WHAT!!! Ye sellt yer feckin' Tannoys !!! :eek:

Last edited: May 6, 2022
    omers, gustav_errata, brumjam and 2 others like this.
  20. JTC

JTC PFM Villager...

They’re great for pianissimo but there are other options that do this too, without perhaps the dynamic capability but (in my case) I found that I wasn’t really needing such big speakers to satisfy my frugal needs….