Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Tannoy HPD compatibility

Discussion in 'audio' started by slammed56, Feb 8, 2021.

1. slammed56

slammed56 pfm Member

Hi Guys , I’m looking for a bit of advice from the more experienced Tannoy users .
    Its all new to me as I’ve been into flea power amps and horns for longer than I care to mention but I decided a few years ago to setup a second system based around Lockwood speakers when I ever I found a pair
    I have been on the look out for a suitable amp now to partner with my recently acquired Lockwood Majors . Currently fitted with some newly re-coned by Lockwood HPD385’s
    My 8w SET amp has no chance of dealing with the 15” cones , I’ve dug out my GM70 powered SET and it sounds ok but I still feel it’s not ideal at getting the best out of these marvellous speakers
    I keep reading good things about using Radford amps with Big Tannoys but most of the stuff I’ve read seems to be referring to the Monitor Golds and not the HPDs . There’s a nice looking STA25 up for sale at the moment , I’m just a bit apprehensive to jump on it without being 100% that it will be a good match with my speakers
    Anyone using one with 15” HPDs that can confirm it’s got enough power to do these justice ?

Lockwood76 likes this.
  2. Mike P

Mike P pfm Member

The STA25 is a brilliant match for 15" HPD's and more than powerful enough.

I own both, that's how I know.

cooky1257 likes this.
  3. Lockwood76

Lockwood76 Trade: Lockwood Loudspeakers

I have LFD Amp and couple of Quads for our demo room at Lockwood's

narabdela likes this.