Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Tannoy Chatsworth Gold

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by divedeepdog, Feb 10, 2021.

1. divedeepdog

divedeepdog pfm Member

[​IMG]IMG_7167 by mark leatherland, on Flickr

I'll open them up this afternoon to show the drivers, electrically untouched apart from Servisol of switches. 12" Golds with rubber edge.

The cabinets were in a state, they've been stripped and polished and are better than they were, but probably still 6/10. There's a rip in the fabric which I've stitched up (looks worse in pic), and I've got 2 pieces of modern cloth big enough to replace the grills.

New to me ATC's has reinforced I've got the wrong amps (Avondale/Naim) to get the best from these and swapping is a gamble too far.

Logistics are a PITA, they were posted to me but curriers seem to have gotten expensive, I imagine £100?
    I'm close to J25 M1 when things relax...

OIRO £1400

Tigerjones, calorgas and eastone like this.
  2. divedeepdog

divedeepdog pfm Member

3. eastone

eastone pfm Member

If I didn’t have a pair of these already I’d snap them up! End game speakers as is, or can be taken further with bigger cabs...

divedeepdog likes this.
  4. awkwardbydesign

awkwardbydesign Officially Awesome

Sending PM.

5. Cesare

Cesare pfm Member

Those look fun. I'm a bit confused by Gold drivers having rubber edges. Was there a period in the 70s before HPDs where this was common?

Vinny likes this.
  6. calorgas

calorgas Ratty bumpkin

Yes. Only the 12" though. I'm still not clear on whether the rubber and pleated surrounds Golds were manufactured at the same time, but I presume so. I love 'em and am on my second pair :)

I'm sure these will sell fairly rapidly.

7. eastone

eastone pfm Member

I think the Rubber surround version was later, just before the HPD was introduced. It is closer to the HPD in bass response but has the higher sensitivity of the Gold. Best of both worlds!

calorgas and Seanm like this.
  8. divedeepdog

divedeepdog pfm Member

Sold.

Listening to them now in a bigger room, Ciunas dac into NCC'd 110 mono's, stunning ... I'll learn to hold onto the good stuff one day <facepalm>

Darmok, brumjam, Elephantears and 2 others like this.
  9. awkwardbydesign

awkwardbydesign Officially Awesome

Arrived a couple of hours ago, up and running. Not bad for 50 year old speakers. They were packed incredibly well; took ages to unwrap!
    So thanks to Mark for taking the effort.

divedeepdog and eastone like this.
  10. divedeepdog

divedeepdog pfm Member

3 hrs to wrap, good job I’m not on piece work:)

A successful currier delivery, 22 hrs door to door for half a pallet. Insured through interparcel, not cheap but you forget the price when it works out.

11. Rug Doc

Rug Doc pfm Member

Nice job. Enjoy those beauties!