advertisement

Tandberg Studio Monitors

Yes the they want to be on some low stands. I had some custom made for mine and they're 30cm high.

They need a bit of room reinforcement in the low bass and I have mine close to the back wall.

They aren't a particularly difficult load but many owners have reported that some amp pairings sounds much better than others.
I've tried mine with a Leak Stereo 20, Radford STA25 and Quad 909. None sound bad but the Radford and Quad are best.

I do find they come alive alive at medium/higher SPL levels and they can be a bit forward/bright at the top end on some recordings. They wouldn't suit a very bright room or a very bright source/amp. A warm and powerful amp and fairly well damped room would be my recommendation.

The midrange clarity and detail are stunningly good!

Yes the they want to be on some low stands. I had some custom made for mine and they're 30cm high.

They need a bit of room reinforcement in the low bass and I have mine close to the back wall.

They aren't a particularly difficult load but many owners have reported that some amp pairings sounds much better than others.
I've tried mine with a Leak Stereo 20, Radford STA25 and Quad 909. None sound bad but the Radford and Quad are best.

I do find they come alive alive at medium/higher SPL levels and they can be a bit forward/bright at the top end on some recordings. They wouldn't suit a very bright room or a very bright source/amp. A warm and powerful amp and fairly well damped room would be my recommendation.

The midrange clarity and detail are stunningly good!
This is great advice and very helpful. Thank you! I’ll have a ponder. I love big 70’s speakers. I’ve owned imf rspm and meridian M1 (which have the same mid dome I think). Currently have impulse H2. These would be for my studio - which is likely to be about 650 square feet. So I would like something with room filling ability!

Prices seem to have gone up since you started raving about yours:)

They do look fab, I have to say.

Last edited:
This is great advice and very helpful. Thank you! I’ll have a ponder. I love big 70’s speakers. I’ve owned imf rspm and meridian M1 (which have the same mid dome I think). Currently have impulse H2. These would be for my studio - which is likely to be about 650 square feet. So I would like something with room filling ability!

We seem to have very similar taste in speakers :) I also had IMF RSPM IV for a couple of years.

I've also owned AOS Studio 100's (you'll have to Google them) and most recently Tannoy Ardens. Impulse H2 are definitely on my bucket list of speakers to hear at some point.

We seem to have very similar taste in speakers :) I also had IMF RSPM IV for a couple of years.

I've also owned AOS Studio 100's (you'll have to Google them) and most recently Tannoy Ardens. Impulse H2 are definitely on my bucket list of speakers to hear at some point.
In some respects the impulse are the best speakers I’ve ever owned. There are genuine wtf moments where there is a spooky sense of the musicians being in the room with me. They can be a bit harsh and occasionally even shouty with badly recorded music.
My favourite ever speakers were spendor S100. I should never have sold them. Oh well…

advertisement

Back