advertisement

Tandberg 2075 Mk II Receiver

RossB

Former Member
Well, I just couldn't help it. This is regarded by many as the best receiver ever made, it appeared locally on ebay, and I just had to have it, to go with my little Spendors in the bedroom system. It is not in quite as good condition as the photo (or the listing) suggest - there are chunks missing from the wooden side panels, there are stickers on the front, the RCA outputs are tarnished, it is missing the links between pre and power sections (which I would have replaced anyway) and one foot ... but it sounds fantastic, sweet, smooth and colourful. The FM tuner is easily the most sensitive I have ever used, and sounds amazing. The headphone out is also extraordinarily good, clearly beating my Meier Pre-head amp. It is clearly an improvement over the Nait 2/Meridian 203 which I was previously using.

S6000216.jpg

There are two answers to your question. The first is that, no it is not a pirated CD, but a recording I made from the radio. The second is that even if it was, it would not concern me because I do not believe that "piracy" is concept relevant to music or that there is anything wrong with copying CDs, as I made clear in this thread.

Tandberg was very popular here in Sweden at that time. My parents had a TR200 receiver. As most everybody else they got beaten by the japanese. At least their tuner section was always very good, with Norwegian people living deep down in those fjords, they had to.

JohanR

advertisement

Back