advertisement

Talkin' all that jazz

don't see why it has to just blue note

It was an idea out of the posts following Jim's "favourite Blue Notes" article.

No reason why we couldn't also set up a broader Jazz one to run alongside this tread. Still no Norah though ;)

( and I should confess here that "Come Away With Me" is one of my guilty pleasures - late night, lamps down low, glass of whisky...)

K

A little late night listening . .

Yr- Steve Tibbetts (Frammis);
As Long As There's Music- Charlie Haden and Hampton Hawes (Artists House);
Scales- Manfred Schoof Quintet (ECM);
Rites- Jan Garbarek (ECM).

Craig Taborn has got a new Solo album out on ECM

cover.jpg

I posted this in another Jazz thread, Austin Peralta's Endless Planets, tis good.

austin_peralta-endless_planets.jpg

Looking forward to the Jez Nelson's coverage of LJF on R3.

Late listening . .

Desert Marauders- Art Lande and Rubisa Patrol (ECM);
Hip Elegy- Joachim Kuhn (MPS) with Philip Catherine, Terumasa Hino, Alphonse Mouzon, etc;

and a classic, Coltrane's Ole (Atlantic).

and I should confess here that "Come Away With Me" is one of my guilty pleasures - late night, lamps down low, glass of whisky...

It is quite nicely recorded. I once used it as a phono stage demo track at a pfm bake off. After a few plays that Tony L got out his 9, put it to my head and told me what was going to happen if he heard Norah again. So we used the Miles from then on.

They used to play that Norah Jones CD in a restaurant I worked in. It disappeared under mysterious circumstances.

I'm excited to have found a new used record store after my favorite closed after 35 years. I scored an original stereo Riverside recording of Wes Mongomery's 'The Incredible Jazz Guitar Of'. It still had the plastic on it so the cover is in great shape and will soon grace my wall display of vinyl.

It's a very nice album and is thought to be his best recording. I noticed I have an OJC copy of it as well, but for $10 couldn't pass it up. Maybe I'll record a cut from both and put a needle drop out there. A good album for those who'd like some jazz guitar from one of the best.

advertisement

Back