advertisement

Talk Talk - Laughing Stock

Hello all..new here..so a bit jerky to start with and might be pressing all the wrong buttons etc..Very sad when Mark Hollis passed- he seemed a changed man after It's A Shame..which was a great Diceman type video. I saw him on Music Box TV yonks ago going on about Iceland...he had that David Essex stare from Stardust. Tim Freise Greene did what Paul Buckmaster did...worked wonders for Talk Talk.
Spirit Of Eden is stunning...Laughing Stock is more so...that's me big intro...Bertie.

I only 'discovered' TT last year when I popped in to the Elac room at the Bristol show. Luckily they had just put the vinyl of Colour of Spring on and I was transfixed by it. How did I reach my sixties and miss this? Went straight out and bought it and have been playing it regularly since along with Spirit of Eden and MH's solo album.
Agree that the 2012 vinyl of CoS is excellent. Albums that really need playing in full but I do have a serious soft spot for 'I don't believe in you' - that beautifully judged, pared back guitar solo gives me goosebumps every time!

One of the few bands whose every new album was a real progression from the previous one. Laughing Stock is one of the greatest albums of all time. You either get it or you don't. After The Flood has the capacity to stop you in your tracks every time you hear it.

Digging around in the spare room and found I had this album but had forgot about it. Litening to it now, and it sounds better than I remember (I have neer been a big fan) so I will look out for 'Laughing Stock' - bound to bump into it one day.
I am enjoying the album, nice production and I like his voice, it sounds like the eighties.

Talk Talk ‎– It's My Life
Label:
EMI ‎– EMC 2400021
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album
UK
Released:
Feb 1984

advertisement

Back