advertisement

Ta ta Qatada !!!

hopefully the idiotic extremist will be on his way to face trial in jordan soon....hopefully jordan will try him effectively and keep him in custody in the fashion he deserves......

might be able to remove a few more dodgy extremists soon.....bloody lawyers!!!

I will NOT be holding my breath on this one, or any similar one.

Expect to see him still there (I live in Luxembourg) most probably on extra benefits, with full Police protection from anyone who wishes to alleviate him of oxygen, at your expense of course.

The U.K has a supine Government, and has been that way since the exit of her majesty (Margret Thatcher), who simply wouldn't have tolerated this kind of malarky and sent the cretin packing ASAP, and to hell with the unqualified tw**s at the ECHR. As the French do...

It should have happened a long time ago but at least the mechanism is now working, slowly - it'll be a long time yet.
However, we have learned a lot about how to handle situations like this and the most important thing is that we are appearing to do the right thing without any hint of illegality. It all amounts to nothing if we are not seen to do this in a dignified and proper fashion.
(What is actually happening in the secret corridors of power is probably another thing entirely).

It should have happened a long time ago but at least the mechanism is now working, slowly - it'll be a long time yet.
However, we have learned a lot about how to handle situations like this and the most important thing is that we are appearing to do the right thing without any hint of illegality. It all amounts to nothing if we are not seen to do this in a dignified and proper fashion.
(What is actually happening in the secret corridors of power is probably another thing entirely).

Agreed,
We simply must do this by the book, even if it means releasing this mother at some point in the future.

We uphold the rule of law or those trying to bring us down have won.

Chris

i hope theresa may has got her way....i don't think the government should have got rid of the previous detaining orders without replacing it but it looks like he will now be detained until he gets exported.....good riddance to bad rubbish!!!

i hope theresa may has got her way....i don't think the government should have got rid of the previous detaining orders without replacing it but it looks like he will now be detained until he gets exported.....good riddance to bad rubbish!!!

Of course, there is no one to stop us deporting the bugger to another part of the UK. St. Kilda should be about right:p

Chris

I read that the French deported an unwanted terrorist suspect without hesitation last year. The European Court got very huffy after the fact and fined them €20,000. I'd say that was a price worth paying if only we weren't hobbled by an inherent sense of "decency".

yeah decency is what my grandads fought for in the wars for....france currently has it's own problems....extremists from both ends need to be weeded out or at least made to feel like they would fail at making a difference with extremist their actions....

yeah decency is what my grandads fought for in the wars for....france currently has it's own problems....extremists from both ends need to be weeded out or at least made to feel like they would fail at making a difference with extremist their actions....

I do agree but sadly it's a bit optimistic to hope they may see sense. Hopefully they will see the need to get on one day

that's up to us i'm afraid not those who have already chosen to despise our freedoms.
I think so too but how? Do we beat them with a stick or try and educate them? I find it hard to believe they would negotiate, the average person in the street would happily live in peace with us but the extremists, I'm glad I'm not a politician

A start would be to treat them as individuals & human beings, not some amorphous entity.

(btw not you Dinovector - I'm talking about the portrayal in some media & political mouth pieces)

It's funny that all this fuss has been made about extraditing him to Jordan when he could (and should) have easily been prosecuted here or in any of the other countries that have warrants out for him but don't have dodgy human rights records.

I wonder if it has anything to do with France's claim that he was a British spy???

It's very difficult to talk of freedom when it includes giving those of a different pursuasion the freedom to threaten our freedom.
It doesn't work, does it.

advertisement

Back