Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[WTD] T-amp and small standmount speakers

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by hifilover1979, Jun 11, 2021.

1. hifilover1979

hifilover1979 Bigger than you...

Before I look to buy new; wanted to see if anyone on here as a T-amp going (SMSL and the likes) and small speakers (Q Acoustics, Monitor Audio Bronze, older 600 series B&W, Acoustic Energy AE series, Tannoy F1s, Wharfedale Diamond 9.1s) etc

I don't want really old speakers nor do I want bigger amps thanks; nor do I want to spend silly money, so lets say c£150 all in...

They're for a system to put into my new garage; so they'll be going onto speaker brackets on the walls I think; well out of the way then etc

I've thought about powered speakers (Eidifer etc); but would like to look at possible t-amp and stereo speakers first

I'm Preston, Lancs so can collect if you're local'ish; otherwise happy to cover postage costs

Cheers

2. Margin_walker

Margin_walker pfm Member

I have a Topping PA3 that I bought for my son, but he prefers using a Google home . Looking for £55. I don't have the original box but it will be packed well. It has two RCA inputs and is the silver version.

hifilover1979 likes this.
  3. Margin_walker

Margin_walker pfm Member

4. effinity

effinity pfm Member

I've been trying out a few combinations recently for a bedroom system and have settled on full range/valve combo so as luck would have it I am letting go a very nice pair of Fyne F300 in Light Oak (with fitted hanging bracket on rears) along with a little S.M.S.L SA-36A pro, single input, fantastic little thing.

All items in very nice condition and raring to go, on budget and in Chorley!

PM with email addy for photos if required.

Cheers
    Steve

5. mr sneff

mr sneff pfm Member

Tclass audio has some new Amptastic Mini-1 amps on eBay, one of the best budget T amps I've heard

Chris Cooke likes this.
  6. Fergus

Fergus pfm Member

7. lawrence001

lawrence001 pfm Member

I've got a Sabaj A3 in my desktop system. It's good as it's digital and Bluetooth in and stays in the digital domain until the speaker outputs. Assuming you don't want an analogue input though.

8. anddzia

anddzia Active Member

I have an SMSL AD18, a very versatile little amp with remote control. A wide range of inputs, including USB, optical, coaxial, 3.5mm analogue and Bluetooth (4.2 with apt-X codec), as well as a headphone amplifier with the 3.5mm port on the front and a dedicated subwoofer output. The quoted power output is 40W into 4ohm. Many positive reviews online.
    I have happily used it in our bedroom system, driving a pair of Paradigm Micro bookshelf speakers. The remote control is very handy, Bluetooth works well and is easy to pair. I used the optical input to connect the amp to the TV. I was really surprised at how good the sound was. Fed with analogue signal into Aux-in, this little amplifier held its own even in my main system, temporarily driving a pair of my Sonus Faber Concertos.
    We will be moving house soon and since I have already sold the Paradigm speakers, I'm now letting the amplifier go as well. The amp is in near mint condition and comes from a smoke and pet free home. I'm asking £95.

9. AudioAl

AudioAl pfm Member

I have a Topping TP20 MK2 available , Comes in the original box inc inner foam , Aso has the user manual and wall wart £30 plus post :)

I can post it to you , You try it if you like it pay if not send it back , I'm good like that :D

10. hifilover1979

Thanks folks

Food for thought; let me have a think :)

11. hifilover1979

Cheers Steve; nice & local

I loved the Fyne F302s I had, found them to be superb floorstanders and know the 300s get good reviews :)

Only thoughts are they'd be too nice for the garage!

effinity likes this.
  12. hifilover1979

Thanks folks

All sorted for now

@effinity - keeping your offer in mind as those speakers may come in nicely once we've got the back bedroom redecorated in a few weeks :)

effinity likes this.
  13. mr sneff

mr sneff pfm Member

What did you get?

14. hifilover1979

Well I've got a NAD C320BEE in the loft; which I thought was broken; turned out to be the fuse! So I'll use that for now (going to pop it onto a top shelf out of the way) and I've got some old MA BX2 speakers (they're a bit rough but work perfectly and cost me £30)! They'll be on brackets up on the walls; so the roughness can't be seen

But I've also managed to get a set of KRK Rokit 5s off eBay for a stupid price; so will give them a whirl too and if no good; will sell them on again :)

15. GruntPuppy

GruntPuppy pfm Member

The rokits are good, depending on generation. I'm intrigued by the latest ones with built-in room correction.