advertisement

Systemdek IIX 45 rpm belt issue

gerlando

Prog Rocker
Hello there,
sorry, I have just acquired a Systemdek IIX 900 with Audio Note acrylic platter upgrade.

Unfortunately the belt slips off and under the turntable wheel when set to 45rpm.

I have tried to adjust the suspension bolts for lowering the platter, with no results. With the platter on its lower limit, the belt is coming off from the lower side of the sub-platter.

Maybe this can be due to the larger thickness of the AN platter? Or maybe the AN platter is lighter than the original one?

I also tried to adjust the bolt for setting the angle of the motor assembly, but I didn't notice any significant improvement.

The platter starts to turn at 45 rpm, then after few seconds begins to swing, then it stops (belt fell off).

Could anyone help me please?

Many thanks in advance for the suggestions.
Mauro

Bull that you need to pay £38.99 for a belt!!!!!!!
ripoff
and agreed to try it inside out.
As I remember the belts are the same size as old Garrard belt drive decks.
Used to have a 11X900 with acrylic platter.

Thinking tangentially, presuming all works correctly at 33 and given the price of the Systemdek belt, if you can find a cheap secondhand Flutterbuster or other two speed turntable power supply you might find it both solves your problem and delivers a sound quality upgrade. (Disclaimer: I have a Systemdek IIX900 with the acrylic platter upgrade and a Flutterbuster in the attic.)

When I changed my Systemdek’s belt I just bought something of the correct size from a radio/TV shop; I doubt the replacement you’ve seen has any magical properties to explain its price. No affiliation with the seller (I just Googled the problem) but here’s one for a tenner, allegedly: https://www.gettheneedle.co.uk/turn...t-fits-systemdek-1-and-iix900-systemdeck.html

Hello there,
sorry, I have just acquired a Systemdek IIX 900 with Audio Note acrylic platter upgrade.

Unfortunately the belt slips off and under the turntable wheel when set to 45rpm.

I have tried to adjust the suspension bolts for lowering the platter, with no results. With the platter on its lower limit, the belt is coming off from the lower side of the sub-platter.

Maybe this can be due to the larger thickness of the AN platter? Or maybe the AN platter is lighter than the original one?

I also tried to adjust the bolt for setting the angle of the motor assembly, but I didn't notice any significant improvement.

The platter starts to turn at 45 rpm, then after few seconds begins to swing, then it stops (belt fell off).

Could anyone help me please?

Many thanks in advance for the suggestions.
Mauro

I had an Audio Note acrylic platter on my XII900 and I could never get the belt to stay on at 45rpm , I tried a new belt and adjusted the platter height , pulley height no good . I eventually bought a Heed Orbit 2 psu,you just need to swap the 3 pin plug for an IEC connector and it's good to go .

I had an Audio Note acrylic platter on my XII900 and I could never get the belt to stay on at 45rpm , I tried a new belt and adjusted the platter height , pulley height no good . I eventually bought a Heed Orbit 2 psu,you just need to swap the 3 pin plug for an IEC connector and it's good to go .
Does it have 33/45 rpm selection?
I don't see anything on the front panel.

I've come across this page as I've just had the same problem. My iiX900 has no auto speed control, remove the platter and slip the belt onto the lower wide pulley for 45RPM. In my case the platter was riding too high. At 3 points around the platter are 4 or 5mm allen key screws to adjust the suspension. According to my manual the platter is supposed to sit around 5mm above the level of the wooden plinth (at maximum height it will be more like 8 or 9mm). Lower the platter, ensuring it remains level, by adjusting these allen key screws in turn. Once the platter was at this height my jumping belt was fixed.
Hope that helps.

The Heed Orbit 2 option is a good one, I tried it with an audio Note TT1 which I believe is very similar to the Systemdek 11X-900 and it worked very well with added bonus of the 33/45 electronic switch. I will have a look if i have a spare belt if you want for free as I don't think I will be buying any more turntables for a while.

I've come across this page as I've just had the same problem. My iiX900 has no auto speed control, remove the platter and slip the belt onto the lower wide pulley for 45RPM. In my case the platter was riding too high. At 3 points around the platter are 4 or 5mm allen key screws to adjust the suspension. According to my manual the platter is supposed to sit around 5mm above the level of the wooden plinth (at maximum height it will be more like 8 or 9mm). Lower the platter, ensuring it remains level, by adjusting these allen key screws in turn. Once the platter was at this height my jumping belt was fixed.
Hope that helps.
^ This. Use a 5mm Allen key as a spacer. Worked when I had one anyway.

advertisement

Back