Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

System Pics 2022

Discussion in 'audio' started by Old Shatterhand, Jan 1, 2022.

1. rag987

rag987 pfm Member

Lovely Would be good if you can share your thoughts. Been looking for a used pair for a while, nothing in the UK, few units in Europe.

2. robbyd

robbyd pfm Member

That Ami is beautiful, though

Bob McC likes this.
  3. Gervais Cote

Gervais Cote Predator

Nice camp to be in ! If I was to go back to vinyl, that’s where I would end my journey.

denni55 likes this.
  4. wow&flutter

wow&flutter pfm Member

I’ve heard the Confidence 30 but never the 20 and it’s definitely on my list to hear.

5. Realysm_42

Realysm_42 Member

I'm trying to post a flickr image (via bb code) and getting a dialogue about 'spam like' content, any ideas?!

6. Somafunk

Somafunk pfm Member

Paste the entire bb code then remove everything except [​IMG]what is contained within the [ to ]

Realysm_42 likes this.
  7. Somafunk

Somafunk pfm Member

Weird?, perhaps a mod can take a look

8. Realysm_42

Realysm_42 Member

9. Realysm_42

Realysm_42 Member

Maybe it was me? Got there in the end, although I can't post this text in the same comment, still too spam like, apparently!

So good to have music again, just got back from down under after eight years there. Went eight months without whilst finding a place to buy and no, those Google circle things don't count as 'music' as I discovered!

Took twelve hours to unbox, set up and (partially) optimise, but was so worth the effort.

Everything wooden is made from Australian Blackwood (a tone wood), including the speakers veneer, which are Osborns, a well-kept secret from Australia. The Model is the Epitome, and they come in three flavours, I went for the top 'reference elites', which means they have felt - lead - felt internal lining and the best crossovers he can make, as a result they weigh in at 105 kg each.

Nothing I've heard comes close to them in terms of absolute performance for the price.

MikeMA, andrewd, MattSPL and 4 others like this.
  10. Tim Jones

Tim Jones pfm Member

Turntables have come some distance since, um, the early 70s.

11. Nero

Nero Don’t call me Bud

The LP12 has come some distance since, um, the early 70s.

12. booja30

booja30 pfm Member

[​IMG]
    Freshly overhauled Sansui AU-717 with Klipsch Forte IIIs. Did I mention the bass?

jan tomczak, Jezzer, rischa and 21 others like this.
  13. ChrisS

ChrisS pfm Member

The AU-717 looks brand new!

With the PR in the rear, how do the Fortes do close to the wall?

booja30 likes this.
  14. booja30

booja30 pfm Member

It hasn't been a problem really. I don't get the chance to crank them up too loud very often, but they are pretty amazing.

15. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Very pleasant day listening to my workshop system, speakers donated by kind pfmer, amp from car boot sale, and RPi bought secondhand.

It sounded glorious.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

bazza., Torris12, Waxxy and 7 others like this.
  16. lordmortlock

lordmortlock A Linde Mann

Ladies and gentlemen … we have a music room!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. andrewd

andrewd pfm Member

Very nice! I could imagine that the wife would be thrilled to help get those speakers out of the box:)
    What is the rest of the system please?

I remember a great cottage hifi industry in Australia when I was there. I used to own VAF research speakers which were superb. They only weighed a modest 65kg each.

18. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

That looks great! Love that it's designed for listening to music together rather than a single armchair plonked in the room. Jealous of all the spare storage space for records too - have fun filling it up : )

19. lordmortlock

lordmortlock A Linde Mann

Cheers Paul! Yep, No TV in here either, just tunes. Still in the final stages of negotiation with Leo (pictured) re removal of Lego and the toy kitchen, but I think we’re getting there :)

20. TimF

TimF pfm Member

Your room looks great, very nice! How are the Totems working out with the Lindemann?

lordmortlock likes this.