advertisement

Think Ive got a Shahinian Bug :D

52393160678_4498d1f568_b.jpg

That’s a nice selection. It reminds me of a picture Phil March of Phonography used to have (probably in his shop in Ringwood) where he had your 3 models of Shahinian plus also Hawks, Diapasons (and maybe Starters and Super Elfs as well).

regards

Kevin

I try to escape the faux pas of quoting one-self, but I find these types of posts sometimes help me refrain from overspending.

Anyway:

I think (hope) I see an SL-1210 MK7 in my immediate future.

The above sentiment did not last long, exactly two weeks to the day.

viber-image-2022-10-01-16-23-50-756.jpg

In my defense, the opportunity arose, and the price was right. :)

Looking at the image above, I retained the wooden rack, but I built an "over-rack", if you will, out of MDF and spray painted matt black. Has adjustable cones on the bottom and couples directly to the wooden rack. In my eyes, it looks like it was designed that way intentionally, and I saved the old rack from the potential of the trash heap.

Here is a closer look at the SL-1210MK7, without the cover.

viber-image-2022-10-01-16-23-52-367.jpg

I bought a set of Gaia III a few weeks back (told my wife the price was right and the deal could-not-be-missed) so those went on momentarily.

Currently using the stock mat, entertaining the idea of machining a copper one. Will most likely spring for the KAB damper to see what the fuss is about. :)

Mounted the DL-A110, looks like it was designed for this deck.

viber-image-2022-10-01-16-23-51-700.jpg

Tonearm at the lowest position, riding at 2.5g VTF, antiskate around the same.

Cabling consists of a AQ Diamondback for interconnects, and a AQ NRG-Z3 for power. This goes to the Elac PPA-2, set to MC, currently loaded at ~270Ω.

Sounds very good indeed, but will let impressions settle.

After a brief dalliance back to Naim with the superb NDX2, I went back to Linn a few months back with the latest Klimax DSM. My Devialet 220 Pro amp is still doing sterling service but a couple of power amps or a uber integrated amp should finish things off nicely. I’m still hoping that Naim will release a 555 level integrated amp…

DLz6MTo.jpg

9RiH59P.jpg

8vluzf4.jpg

After a brief dalliance back to Naim with the superb NDX2, I went back to Linn a few months back with the latest Klimax DSM. My Devialet 220 Pro amp is still doing sterling service but a couple of power amps or a uber integrated amp should finish things off nicely. I’m still hoping that Naim will release a 555 level integrated amp…

DLz6MTo.jpg

9RiH59P.jpg

8vluzf4.jpg
Nice rug!

Get a second 220 (to make a 440) to get a proper grip of those Kudos

Thanks!

No rug. Used to have one, but got rid of it. Believe it or not, even with the wood floors, there really aren't any negative effects of the wood floor. The room is filled top to bottom with furniture, pillows, books, records(as you can see), curtains. Music is normally not played that loudly. I've tried it both with and without rug, and to my ears(and my wife's) there was no difference of any significance. With these two, any rugs we've had in the past got pretty nasty no matter how much cleaning/vacuuming, so decided to go just bare floors which are much easier to maintain.

0-FB4493-C-C575-4174-B636-FC7-B6-EEBE56-A.jpg
Although that dog is different in color, everything from attitude to eyes and hairstyle looks just like my Rosie!

@k90tour - Extremely good. The Linn is just a fantastic source. Having had a LP12 in my late teens, it’s nice to be back with a Linn front end again. SQ aside, it’s a beautifully engineered player and integrates nicely with Roon.

@adamk - That’s a possibility which also brings the option of easy active operation with the Titans. My Devialet experience has been good over the last 8 years of ownership (including Pro and CI upgrades). There are quite a few options, but I’m keen to hear the Linn Klimax Twin and Solos for a start. I’m also curious about the LejonklouTundra amps which seem to have quite a following and are supposed to work well with Linn. There is a dealer pretty close that stocks Devialet, Lejonklou and Linn (and Naim) so that maybe a good starting point. I’m not in too much of a rush at the moment though.

@Jamie - Ha yes. I know the forum likes a rug. That and the Isoblue seem to have lasted well, although when we redecorate the lounge next year it may be time for a change (the rug rather than racks).

The Leak is now joined by an Audion Silver Night 300B power amp. Only 7 W/ch but seems enough for the Klipsch and I’m enjoying it so far. Won’t be able to keep them both :(

F8Vwv7P.jpg

I’m currently using the Audion with a Quad 34. I’ve got the tape outs into the Audion which has its own volume control. Ultimately, I’d like to use a really good phono stage directly in, so I’m looking forward to trying lots of options and might try to borrow one or two from dealers.

The Leak is now joined by an Audion Silver Night 300B power amp. Only 7 W/ch but seems enough for the Klipsch and I’m enjoying it so far. Won’t be able to keep them both :(

F8Vwv7P.jpg

I’m currently using the Audion with a Quad 34. I’ve got the tape outs into the Audion which has its own volume control. Ultimately, I’d like to use a really good phono stage directly in, so I’m looking forward to trying lots of options and might try to borrow one or two from dealers.
Those Cornwalls, I think they are, are magnificent.

@chiily

They’ve really impressed me, I’m delighted with them. It was these or Tannoy Legacy Ardens (for a grand more). The Tannoys would’ve been a blind purchase but I got to demo the Cornwalls at a dealer’s place and decided to get them. I had to cross my fingers as I wasn’t sure my room would be large enough for them but I needn’t have worried. I have a small to average-sized living room and they just sound perfect here - they’re each about a foot from the side and rear walls. Would be good for more people to hear what these sort of speakers can do.

I was at the Wam Show on Sunday in Stoke and there was a tiny room with Cornwall IV speakers crammed in. They were each in a corner up against the wall with about 2ft between each other. Still sounded great! And it turned out my pair used to be owned by the Cornwall IV owner. He used a push-pull 300B amp and phono stage from Icon Audio and an LP12/Lyra.

DLz6MTo.jpg

9RiH59P.jpg

8vluzf4.jpg

How are you finding the NGDSM?.

I had my KDS upgraded to Organik,which totally transformed the beastie! :).

advertisement

Back