Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

System Pics 2022

Discussion in 'audio' started by Old Shatterhand, Jan 1, 2022.

1. Nero

Nero Don’t call me Bud

I would give you a like, but I can’t bring myself to. At least not until you straighten those photo frames!

MikeMA, MattSPL, naimplayer and 3 others like this.
  2. Somafunk

Somafunk pfm Member

A mates gf is very uptight regarding placement and perfectly aligned pictures on their walls as she previously worked in a fancy gallery, I took great (and childish) delight in moving one very slightly out of whack every time I visited, but she eventually caught on and said she’d rearrange my balls if I did it again.

3. Alex S

Alex S carbon based lifeform

Lucky daughter system:

iMac, RME ADI 2 with cacti, Temple Audio mono blocks/Sean Jacobs DC3 with blue bin, Audio Note AX2s with light diffuser, nicked police helmet.

[​IMG]

Miss Ariel, RoA, andrewd and 3 others like this.
  4. Ian G

Ian G pfm Member

I feel I should offer a decent home to those miserable cacti.

Alex S likes this.
  5. Del monaco

Del monaco Del Monaco

You have a lucky family.

Alex S likes this.
  6. camed

camed pfm Member

Just substituted some Sara’s for the B&W Formation Duo’s. My wife isn’t keen on the styling so they are stuck in the garage! Just streaming from Spotify at the moment and they sound shockingly good.
    [​IMG]

jamm68, jan tomczak, nuff and 9 others like this.
  7. Hungry Halibut

Hungry Halibut pfm Member

I’ve been having a bit of a streamline and tidy up. I’ve replaced the underused record player with a table lamp, and the underused tuner with a power supply for the streamer.

I’ve also got hold of some new speaker cables that allow for an F connection instead of bulky jumper cables.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
    oad, jan tomczak, Waxxy and 33 others like this.
  8. wow&flutter

wow&flutter pfm Member

Cool lamp

NickofWimbledon likes this.
  9. Hungry Halibut

It’s a Fin Table Light, handmade in England by Original BTC. They make some lovely stuff.

10. Alex S

Alex S carbon based lifeform

Very nice. Are those Entreq special sauce ground diffuser gourds next to it?

11. narabdela

narabdela who?

...or fat birds?

12. Hungry Halibut

Ground diffuser gourds would be much more exciting.

13. RoA

RoA pfm Member

Classy and simple. Likes

14. Dave G

Dave G pfm Member

What are the speakers - I cannot quite see from the image :)

15. James Evans

James Evans Bedroom Bodger

Look like proac tab 10 signatures

Dave G and Jezzer like this.
  16. Jezzer

Jezzer Passionate

That’s exactly what they are. Lovely speakers.

17. hifi-dog

hifi-dog pfm Member

Ks1? How does it compare to the phantom?

18. Hungry Halibut

Indeed. I removed the ProAc badges from the grilles to give a cleaner look. The fewer badges the better.

puddlesplasher likes this.
  19. Hungry Halibut

The reason for changing cables was to get rid of the jumpers without having to revert to the original links. The Phantom jumpers are quite big and chunky and the speakers are very small, so it was possible to see the jumpers from the sides. The KS1 is certainly no worse and perhaps more open sounding. The KS1, being white, blends in a bit better too. They are a matt white, unlike some white cables that tend to be a bit shiny. They are very small, which goes against the grain of good cables needing to be the size of ships’ anchor ropes.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
    hifi-dog likes this.
  20. Jono_13

Jono_13 Duffer

jan tomczak, Waxxy, gninnam and 9 others like this.