advertisement

The most recent iteration. Additions include Leak ST20, Bigbottle 3 phonostage, DV xx2, Stack Audio Link 2. Happy with everything apart from my bank balance so that’s it for a while.

12-A13-EBC-E612-4057-854-F-D41-E71936-B5-F.jpg

Got the CM1's and they have replaced the Quads/Hegel for a week or two to give me a chance to listen to them before a new owner will enjoy them. Powered by an Audiolab 6000A they do ok so far. Very good bass for size and probably one of the last B&W's that don't have an upper mid/lower treble plateau spike which puts me off the brand (and which were still made in the UK, at least the lower ranges). Nicely integrated highs and no (!) directivity issues as in my previous Formation Duo's. A pretty relaxing listen, how many later B&W's can claim that? - Apologies for photo sizes.

20220913-121813.jpg

20220913-121835-01.jpg

20220913_121954.jpg

20220913_122031.jpg

Last edited:
Plan B. Two systems in one. Managed to get the 2Qute, Sugden and Temple onto the same racking and can shift the ProAcs around. The whole idea is Leak ST20 saving. I’m lucky in that I can listen to music all day everyday but can’t afford to burn Mullards willy nilly.

Image is a bit dull since it’s the same as yesterday but with a pair of ProAcs in the way:

F7424-E32-1-D15-47-AB-8-C81-9-A2112828835.jpg

A couple of sets of IsoPuck's arrived, so took the opportunity to reorganize the headphones only system.

viber-image-2022-09-17-09-13-20-390.jpg

A trio of IsoAcoustic IsoPucks under each component, including the separate PSU for the SAC KH-1000.

A trio of ViaBlue UFO Blacks under each tempered glass shelf, due to the larger weight capacity of the ViaBlues vs IsoPucks.

Now, the keen eyed might ask why a phono stage and no turntable in sight. Truth is, I've been lusting after the Elac PPA-2 for some time now, and once an opportunity presented itself in the form of an ex-demo, I couldn't pass the chance. Connected via balanced cables to the SPL Phonitor, awaiting a turntable.

I originally wanted to build a (another) turntable. But it seems I haven't checked material prices for a few years, and the desire for building another one quickly evaporated. Currently on the lookout for a proven, yet moderately priced turntable with a tonearm sporting a bayonet connector.

I think (hope) I see an SL-1210 MK7 in my immediate future.

Oh. Lovely. I have both on vinyl as well. Also the Kripps. I love the sound production of the Solti though I tend to return to the Bohm much more often.Also have to lovely Solti companion vinyl explaining the motifs etc. priceless.

advertisement

Back