advertisement

Hmmm Air Force 3 very nice
Tone arm
SME cut so you have limitations on what you could choose

Arm boards aren’t difficult to find as the old Micro Seiki ones fit.

Choosing an arm is the trickier bit. I’d like one fairly quickly that fits the current board so SME fit or easily adapted.

Longer term looking for an arm that goes well with the ART1000 with a budget of £8-10k

Avid make a SME to Naim ARO mounting plate . I only mention this in the hope that they may make other SME to ..... adaptors

Fireplace or projector ?

Fireplace removal. Projector is a very short throw type that just sits where a telly might, so no complicated installation required. Been there and got the t-shirt with a long throw ceiling mount projector in the old place.

We’ve also decided to remove our fireplace, now that I’ve bought a projector. Any idea on its DIY-ability?

I think it would be pretty easy, though not something I’d do, my brother will probably be the one to do it, though even then there’s an old inset real flame gas fire that needs removing and the gas supply capping off, so a Gas Safe person would have to be called in.

We actually don’t have a chimney breast, it’s a completely flat wall, built mid 1970’s, so it won’t need much effort at all to seal what I imagine is a quite small gauge chimney. It’s something we should have done years ago, but life has a habit of getting in the way :).

Good luck with your changes.

Fireplace removal. Projector is a very short throw type that just sits where a telly might, so no complicated installation required. Been there and got the t-shirt with a long throw ceiling mount projector in the old place.
Ian, do these ultra short projectors have to carry out drastic keystone type corrections or are the lenses orientated differently from normal and if so does the image still look as good as a longer throw device?

Love that it looks like a piece of engineering test equipment, rather that than something that looks like it belongs on a Russian petro billionaires ghastly yacht. Which is why I'd love an EMT 950 complete with it's console, I'd have that sat pride of place in my living room no problems.
Yes it looks like something that would separate blood cells out from plasma. I like the fact that it just looks solidly functional and not like a blingy oil rig,

Ian, do these ultra short projectors have to carry out drastic keystone type corrections or are the lenses orientated differently from normal and if so does the image still look as good as a longer throw device?

I’ll have to let you know, but it’s very well reviewed. See the Richer Sounds… thread for more details/discussion.

Still confined to headphone listening, although I’m not sure confined is the right word given the arrival of a pair of AKG K812. A bit of a gamble given the mixed reviews online, but I have to say they’re absolutely fantastic. They’re a real leap up from the (very capable) K702s that I’ve been using for the last couple of years, and a complete bargain at current second hand prices.

Oh, and props to @JTC for the TT cover. Perfectly packaged, thank you!

they look nice but why not powder coated to cover the welds?

They’re marketed as ‘vintage’ styling iirc, so I expect it’s deliberate.

@Goldenmouse, do you like them? I have a pair in black and I can’t decide if I prefer them over my standard target style pillar stands.

I’d like to see a pair of the raw finish Genelec actives on a pair of these. Steampunk speaker set up!

I literally only set them up at midnight and had a very quick listen.
Thought they sounded a tad more open and detailed than my previous Custom Design FS104 Signatures stands and having three legs makes them much easier to get level and stable on my uneven floor.

I love the raw look myself, wouldn’t have bought them in any of the coated finishes.

I might try filling the legs with kiln dried sand at the weekend.

advertisement

Back