advertisement

full
94138968bbc322e0b019ec07908da0af0b3196ad9ff1e563a4e4a43d0bf2c3f820e7b336.jpg

Finally exploring the impact of rugs.

SAM-2079.jpg

picture upload

A few changes since I last posted here in 2021.

Gone is the old glass and chrome rack, now replaced by a new teak stand.

A Michell Gyrodec and SME 309 have replaced the Project RPM 9.1X

The extra shelf space means I've got room for my QUAD FM4 tuner, with it's newly fixed power supply.

Also hiding on the shelf are a Chromecast Audio and the DSP room correction gizmo for the sub.

I'm convinced it all sounds much better than it did before.

Next big change will be a new rug I think :)

Last edited:
SAM-2079.jpg

picture upload

A Michell Gyrodec and SME 309 has replaced the Project RPM 9.1X

The extra shelf space means I've got room for my QUAD FM4 tuner, with it's newly fixed power supply.

Also hiding on the shelf are a Chromecast Audio and the DSP room correction gizmo for the sub.

I'm convinced it all sounds much better than it did before:)

That is a fabulous rack. May I ask where you found it?

That is a fabulous rack. May I ask where you found it?
Thank you. It's French and came from here. The raw teak look, nice as it is, didn't really go in my room - I knew beforehand it wouldn't - so it's had four coats of Danish oil to blend in better with the floor. I also replaced the rope drawer pulls with cast iron knobs which I think look better with the darker finish and are more practical.

@MikeAA A fantastic system you have there, love your new stand and Jadis amp, one question, do you feel moving the Harbeth's further out and wider apart has improved the sound?

@MikeAA A fantastic system you have there, love your new stand and Jadis amp, one question, do you feel moving the Harbeth's further out and wider apart has improved the sound?
Thank you and, yes, they definitely sound better further out into the room! In fact I was going to say something about that in my opening post but had so many problems uploading and linking to the picks that I forgot all about it! On the same theme, I've got enough speaker cable hidden behind the new stand to enable me pull the speakers right out and have them each side of the fireplace, at right angles to what they are now, firing down the length of the room, which is even better. I'll post some more pics later on If I can sort them out without too much hassle to show what I mean.

SAM-2079.jpg

picture upload

A Michell Gyrodec and SME 309 have replaced the Project RPM 9.1X

I'm convinced it all sounds much better than it did before.

Next big change will be a new rug I think :)

That looks brilliant. Could you hear a difference from the change in support?

That looks brilliant. Could you hear a difference from the change in support?
Imaging has definitely improved as a result of moving the speakers out and further apart, but I've not noticed anything much by way of tonal differences, which is where I'd expect the stand to make a difference if it was going to. Can't be sure to be honest.

@MikeMA looks very cool- SoundCare SuperSpikes every where too.:)
Yes - and like the DIY Supra power cables you can't see - they show I care, even if they don't make any difference ;). Now I've got six spare SuperSpikes from the old glass and chrome rack I don't know what to do with.

advertisement

Back