Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

System Pics 2022

Discussion in 'audio' started by Old Shatterhand, Jan 1, 2022.

1. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

That’s good to know. The ML information on placement in relation to the listener is very prescriptive and slightly off-putting. It’s 20 years since I last heard MLs so looking forward to a dealer dem and if positive, a home trial. Are you using the Anthem room correction?

shevans likes this.
  2. Amber Audio

Amber Audio This is the Day

Yes, I've used DSP/EQ/RC for donkeys years and had a Lyngdorf 3400 in place, when I heard how well the ARC built into the Logans sorted the Bass issues I felt the Lyngdorf could be moved on and a big Japanese integrated itch be scratched. The Logans have an option of hard rubberised cones rather than spikes which makes them easier to move/position/experiment with toe in.

3. hermit

hermit obsessive

Thanks Hugh. The plinth for the Sony is my own design and was custom built for me by Lee at Acoustand Audio. He does great work and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

By coincidence the plinth also complements my Luxman amp which came later.

[​IMG]

To be honest I'm really surprised at how good the 3012 is. On first listen it comes very close indeed to the V-12. I really can't fault it.

This particular arm was fettled and modified by Analog Tube Audio in Germany by a previous owner and has just been rewired with Cardas cable and checked over by Johnny at Audio Origami so it is a good, clean example.

Tarzan, Andy1912, matt j and 15 others like this.
  4. Theo

Theo pfm Member

This is a beautiful retro-style system: I could stare at it all day long. I'm sure that it sounds fabulous too.

Tarzan, pickwickpapers and hermit like this.
  5. lordmortlock

lordmortlock A Linde Mann

A couple of update pics. Getting there now, the (epic) record storage is in, and the alcove shelves built. Don the carpenter has made me a cool cable hide behind a removable panel, so it should all look nice and neat.

I’m very much looking forward to having a play with my new TT :)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Del monaco

Del monaco Del Monaco

That’s looking very nice. Maybe I should reconvene our dining room.

Miss Ariel likes this.
  7. pickwickpapers

pickwickpapers ‘It wasn’t the wine, ... It was the salmon.‘

lovely looking combo.

never could understand the 'balance' instructions when I tried to get to grips with a 3009 for a while (which also suffered from a shockingly cynical (being kind) 'non-service and wonky end stub change' from a well known scottish fettler).

hermit likes this.
  8. vln

vln Shuns mooks. And MQA.

Looks amazing, hermit.

These neat side-by-side arrangements always do.

As I said elsewhere, there is something oddly calming about gear with no LCDs, no OLED displays, no touchscreens, etc.

hermit likes this.
  9. matt j

matt j pfm Member

Finally have a turntable back up and running again, it's only been 3 months :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

10. Miss Ariel

Miss Ariel pfm Member

Matt
    Is that a Brueur type 8 arm on your LP12 ?
    Your flutted LP12 looks fab.

11. Scotchegg

Scotchegg pfm Member

My cat was enjoying the weather this morning, with a little bit of Ryo Fukui's Scenery to tickle her feet.

[​IMG]

12. matt j

matt j pfm Member

Salamander likes this.
  13. Miss Ariel

Miss Ariel pfm Member

Matt,
    Thanks for the link - Really enjoyed reading it.Great pics as well.It must have been very satisfying building it.

Salamander likes this.
  14. HiFiman, TimF, Salamander and 21 others like this.
  15. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Panelling looks really good! Is it only wood or is there damping material behind?

16. Thanks - its proper room treatment with acoustic panels, the black backing is 9/10mm hi density rigid felt. They come 2.4m or 3m tall x 600mm wide, I cut them in two, so what you're seeing is 1500 x 600 panels in the pic.

https://www.naturewall.co.uk/collections/slatwall

Hoopsontoast, hifi-dog and RoA like this.
  17. RoA

RoA pfm Member

18. htm_1968

htm_1968 pfm Member

19. RoA

RoA pfm Member

Appreciated. Posting pics always gets me ...

wow&flutter likes this.
  20. Prism

Prism Active Member

I might like the garden even more than the hifi!